Phuntsholing is a scenic border town situated in the Kingdom of Bhutan. It is only 7.3 km from Jaigaon, a town in India. Thus, brisk trade and commerce has enhanced the local economy of Phuntsholing as cross-border trade is lucrative. The geographical location is fraught with high mountains, pastures and meandering rivers, making it a popular tourist area.
The hostile and rough topography of Phuntsholing has necessitated the creation of paved roads. So while this network is available across the city public transportation is scarce because of frequent and expensive maintenance requirements of vehicles. In such situations, having your own car at disposal seems like a good idea provided you are ready to deal with the vehicle wear and tear quickly, due to road conditions here. People who come to Bhutan for a temporary stay or permanent residence may import their cars by following certain rules and regulations of the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping regulations for the vehicles to Phuntsholing
When you hire the services of international auto shipping services such as A1 Auto Transport services, we ensure that major hurdles are smoothly overcome as we have agents looking after the transit procedures. You need to submit certain documents when importing cars from other countries, including USA. Additionally, there are certain restrictions related to this process that you need to abide by, in order to make the import seamless.
- Require import license from Royal Bhutanese government
- Second-hand vehicles are only allowed that belong to international organizations or diplomatic foreign missions
- Show vehicle registration, title deed, picture ID, passport, and a valid license
- Need owner’s passport and ownership proof at the customs
With time, the laws and regulations around the import of the vehicles from US to Phuntsholing in Bhutan have undergone changes. To know the latest requirements, you may browse online at Customs department, Bhutan.
The various ways to ship your car to Phuntsholing
Since Bhutan is a completely landlocked region, after shipment your vehicle will reach the nearest port at Kolkata, India. You have to be present there to pick up the car and transport it to the destination of your choice in the Phuntsholing. Two main methods of shipping are available for vehicle import are Roll-on/Roll-off method wherein the car is driven over the ramp to the ship, secured to ensure it does not move during transit and driven off once it reaches the port. The other safer but more expensive method is the Container shipping. You are allowed to put your household goods and your car within an enclosed container and it is sealed. When it reaches the port of destination, you are given the container after customs are cleared. Usually these are 20 feet to 40 feet containers and you can pay for it as per the amount of cargo you need transported. Get the latest information on travel and business in Bhutan for US citizens.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?