Phuntsholing is a scenic border town situated in the Kingdom of Bhutan. It is only 7.3 km from Jaigaon, a town in India. Thus, brisk trade and commerce has enhanced the local economy of Phuntsholing as cross-border trade is lucrative. The geographical location is fraught with high mountains, pastures and meandering rivers, making it a popular tourist area.
The hostile and rough topography of Phuntsholing has necessitated the creation of paved roads. So while this network is available across the city public transportation is scarce because of frequent and expensive maintenance requirements of vehicles. In such situations, having your own car at disposal seems like a good idea provided you are ready to deal with the vehicle wear and tear quickly, due to road conditions here. People who come to Bhutan for a temporary stay or permanent residence may import their cars by following certain rules and regulations of the country.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Phuntsholing
|Phuntsholing to (California port) to San Jose, CA||$200||$2200||5+37 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Phuntsholing||$450||$2200||5+37 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Phuntsholing||$475||$2200||6+37 days|
|Phuntsholing to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$550||$2200||6+37 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Phuntsholing||$575||$2400||6+38 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Phuntsholing||$675||$2400||6+38 days|
|Phuntsholing to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$2400||6+38 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Phuntsholing||$775||$2200||7+37 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Phuntsholing||$800||$2400||6+38 days|
|Phuntsholing to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$2400||7+38 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping regulations for the vehicles to Phuntsholing
When you hire the services of international auto shipping services such as A1 Auto Transport services, we ensure that major hurdles are smoothly overcome as we have agents looking after the transit procedures. You need to submit certain documents when importing cars from other countries, including USA. Additionally, there are certain restrictions related to this process that you need to abide by, in order to make the import seamless.
- Require import license from Royal Bhutanese government
- Second-hand vehicles are only allowed that belong to international organizations or diplomatic foreign missions
- Show vehicle registration, title deed, picture ID, passport, and a valid license
- Need owner’s passport and ownership proof at the customs
With time, the laws and regulations around the import of the vehicles from US to Phuntsholing in Bhutan have undergone changes. To know the latest requirements, you may browse online at Customs department, Bhutan.
The various ways to ship your car to Phuntsholing
Since Bhutan is a completely landlocked region, after shipment your vehicle will reach the nearest port at Kolkata, India. You have to be present there to pick up the car and transport it to the destination of your choice in the Phuntsholing. Two main methods of shipping are available for vehicle import are Roll-on/Roll-off method wherein the car is driven over the ramp to the ship, secured to ensure it does not move during transit and driven off once it reaches the port. The other safer but more expensive method is the Container shipping. You are allowed to put your household goods and your car within an enclosed container and it is sealed. When it reaches the port of destination, you are given the container after customs are cleared. Usually these are 20 feet to 40 feet containers and you can pay for it as per the amount of cargo you need transported. Get the latest information on travel and business in Bhutan for US citizens.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August