Ship Your Car To Or From Jakar, Bhutan
The city of Jakar is located in the eastern central part of Bhutan. It is the capital and administrative headquarters of the Bumthang District, in the Bumthang Valley.
Learn more about car shipping to Bhutan.
The topography of the country is rugged and mountainous which makes it particularly scenic. Regardless of whether you come here for an extended stay or you’ve become a citizen, getting your vehicle shipped from USA is very desirable. The local transportation is unlikely to meet all the needs because it’s rather scarce. This is why having your vehicle imported is particularly suitable. However, you should also account for the fact that the terrains and roads aren’t favorable for light car journeys. This is why it’s important to get a 4×4 SUV or similar vehicle should do the trick. Once you’ve decided to get your car in this Himalayan country, you need to take your time and learn the associated regulations and rules.
Additionally, it is important to hire the services of an experienced international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport that have years of expertise in delivering vehicle to Asian countries. Not only will you get a free quote but they will help you through every step of the process to deliver your vehicle safely in Jakar in Bhutan.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Shipping Your Vehicle to Jakar
Now, during the shipping process itself, it’s important to deliver the necessary documents to the Bhutan Road Safety and Transport Authority for further verification. You need to make sure that you’ve met the required restrictions for the process which include:
- Do not forget to produce the vehicle registration.
- You need to present a valid license, picture ID and passport.
- Proof of vehicle insurance as well as of ownership
- You are allowed to import used and old vehicles if they are owned by UN
- You need to present the import license issued by the Royal Government of Bhutan
Of course, you should keep in mind that these regulations might change and that’s why it’s important to stay tuned and to follow the legislation closely. Check with the Embassy of Bhutan in Washington D.C. for further instructions.
Now, different methods require different considerations. If you decide to work with a shipping agency much like A1 Auto Transport service, we will be capable of helping you out significantly through the process.
The most common methods include Roll-on/Roll-off and Container shipping. The former type of transportation requires you to drive your vehicle on its wheels on a shipping deck. This is by far the most economic and quickest way to ship your vehicle oversees with a ship. At the same time, it’s going to leave your vehicle open to debris and the weather elements so it’s not always a preferred option. Another type is container shipping. Your vehicle will be safely stored within a dedicated container that you can fill with other personal belongings as well. This offers an additional layer of protection but it’s also more expensive than RORO shipping – that’s something to consider.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory