Safe And Reliable Sand Point Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Sand Point is located on Popof Island just off the Alaska Peninsula. It is one of the more reserved cities in the state, inhabited by a conservative tribe known as the Qagan Tayagungin who are mostly fishermen. It is strategically located just off the Bering Sea. Fishing is the major economic activity in the region, as several fish processing plants installed across the city are the major employers in the region. Due to its conservative nature, Sand Point lacks a reliable public transportation system. Having a private car is a prerequisite if one is to comfortably get by in the region. A-1 Auto Transport has the resources to provide affordable carrier services for shipping cars to or from Sand Point.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Sand Point to Anchorage||$594||792 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Sand Point to Seattle||$1220||3050 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Ketchikan to Sand Point||$1232||2464 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Los Angeles to Sand Point||$1548||3871 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Omaha to Sand Point||$1643||4108 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Sand Point to Dallas||$1871||4678 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Sand Point to Washington, D.C.||$2026||5065 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Miami to Sand Point||$2296||5741 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Our scope of service in Sand Point
To get to Sand Point, one has to cross mainland Alaska to the Shumagin Islands, then to Popof Island where the fisherman’s city lies. It is paramount that one chooses a carrier firm that is familiar with the region, for accurate and timely deliveries. No firm in Alaska does a better job than A-1 Auto Transport. Part of our quality assurance policy is getting familiar with the profile of Sand Point in order to gather all information about the different communities and the roads leading to them. We then use this information to tailor the car shipping experience for our clientele when shipping cars to or from Sand Point.
We ship cars to and from every location in Sand Point, including Unangan and Aleuts. We also stretch our reach to the neighboring towns in Popof Island, creating a wide and reliable scope of service.
Auto transport services we provide
- Door to door services: Should you wish to have a car shipped from, say, The Alaska Commercial Company to your home address, we will take care of it. Door to door is a delivery service where we do all the heavy lifting. We ship cars right from their location to an exact address, eliminating the need to make trips to a pick-up terminal. This service is slightly more expensive than its alternative, but maximizes on convenience. It also eliminates the hassle of coordinating between two carrier firms, as our driver oversees the entire car shipping process up to your driveway. The best news is, we have no limit to the distance this service covers, making it highly beneficial during long distance car shipping.
- Terminal delivery: Here, we drop the cars off at a terminal near you. It could be a harbor, storage facility, parking lot or car depot closest to you. It only takes a short distance to access the vehicle; a small price to pay given the affordable nature of the service. Terminal delivery works best for clients on the move. For instance, clients jetting into Sand Point via Peninsula Airways get their cars delivered to a terminal closest to the airport.
- All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) shipping: ATV riding is a major pastime activity in Sand Point. A-1 Auto Transport has special carriers fitted with non-abrasive soft ties and strength skids, which ensure safety for the fragile ATVs during shipping. Most of the region in Sand Point lacks tree cover, making it suitable to use open carriers when shipping ATVs. We are experienced in shipping different ATVs including dune buggies, sand rails and quads among others.
Types of cars we transport
A-1 Auto Transport offers professional shipping services for motorcycles, sedans, SUVs, trucks, vans, ATVs, jet skis, heavy equipment and boats of different sizes.
How to prepare your car for shipping
- Have the car washed prior to shipping. This facilitates the mandatory car hauler’s inspection report.
- Remove all personal belongings from the car, including aftermarket installations and any unnecessary items in the trunk that may add to the car’s weight.
- Leave about a quarter-full tank of gas to cover the loading and offloading.
- Run a car maintenance check to ensure the car’s battery, tire pressure and fluids are at their optimal levels.
- Take clear photos of each side of the car. These act as proof of the car’s condition prior to shipping.
- Have a copy of your car keys made for a spare.
- Confirm your contact information with the driver.
Why choose us?
All cars under our care are covered by an in-transit insurance policy which guarantees compensation in the rare event of an accident.
97% of our previous clients recommended our services to friends and acquaintances. Try A-1 Auto Transport next time you think of shipping cars to or from Sand Point and get to know why!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org