Whenever there is the need to ship a car from the City of Miami to another country, it can be intimidating. There’s so much involved with an international transport of any kind. Not only must you find a dependable shipping company somewhere near Miami, but you must comply with the import laws of the country you’re shipping to.
This can take time and easily become confusing. A qualified transporter will have experience in dealing with foreign import policies. This will make the entire experience much easier.
When your search for the right shipping company has come to an end and you have scheduled your car’s transport, call the Embassy of Haiti to learn about the import laws and duty rates. This information is pertinent to the shipping process. If the right proof is not gathered for Customs, the duties are not paid, or your vehicle doesn’t meet the restrictions, then the import might be denied access. The car will not be able to cross through the country’s borders. Therefore, shipping services won’t be necessary.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to Expect with the Import Duty and Tax Rates in Haiti.
Haiti is a country that doesn’t put as many restrictions on imports as some other countries. They also charge very little in import duties and taxes. In fact, any NGO/IO registered and recognized vehicles can enter the country duty-free if they have been approved.
According to the country’s import policy, the duty and tax rates vary anywhere between 2- 20%. Any car that’s valued is over $2,000 will more than likely pay 20%. This is a rather low tax rate. Of course, there are many variables that will determine the amount of taxes you’ll have to pay. These fees must be paid before the transport date. Show proof of paid taxes and duties to the Customs office. They will give you the approval to ship your car to Haiti.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?