Yachts are special boats. They are the very epitome of luxury. Just like a Rolls Royce is the “queen of luxurious vehicles”, the Yacht is the queen of luxurious boats. They are large vessels of leisure. Some are even built as a “floating home”, equipped with a lounge, bedrooms, a kitchen, washrooms and some even a small office. Small yachts, “cabin cruisers” stretch at 10 meters while large ones “super yachts and mega yachts” stretch to as long as 50 meters long. A yacht, being the epitome of luxury, can only be afforded by the “who is who” and “Forbes Listers” in the world. Cabin cruisers can cost you 10s of thousands of dollars while Super yachts can go for millions of dollars. Furthermore, running costs can cost as much as 10% of the yacht’s initial cost.
It is for this reason that yacht owners are extra choosy in opting for the best yacht transporter. A-1 Auto Transport has over 25 years of experience in safe yacht shipping to various destinations around the world. We understand the sensitivity of shipping out a $10 million yacht across the world, and it is for this matter that our clients have trusted us to do the job right for over two decades.
Safe yacht shipping services
Due to the sensitivity of the matter, we offer special delivery services exclusively for yacht shipping. They all depend on the present situation. The main categories of clients we serve include but are not restricted to Yacht buyers looking for yacht transportation from companies to their destination, Yacht owners on vacation, salvaged yachts,
- Yacht buyers’ delivery: This package is exclusively for clients that have just bought a yacht in the U.S and wish to relocate it across the continent and clients that have bought a yacht in the U.S and want it delivered overseas. We offer to pick up your yacht from the manufacturer’s ware shop (although they offer delivery up to certain distances). We then carry on to safely deliver your yacht to a destination of your choice.
- Yacht owners on Vacation: We serve yacht owners that want to go on vacation during the summer to special getaway destinations but do not want to go through the hassle of sailing through an entire ocean. For such clients, we offer safe yacht shipping services by means of giant cargo vessels to various Caribbean and Mediterranean locations.
- Salvaged Yachts: Accidents can happen at sea, damaging your yacht bad enough for it to endure an entire voyage back to dock. We offer shipping services for salvaged yachts safely to the closest docks. This is a crucial category. Depending on the damage, we may require special equipment to safely ship the inoperable yacht. Factors like distance, the complexity of the situation and shipping method used will determine how much it will cost. Our staff will work out the particulars and offer a quote on the entire process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Safe Yacht Shipping Options
- Lift on/Lift Off: We use enormous cranes capable of handling 6000-tonne yachts are used to lift your yacht from the dock or water onto the shipping vessel. Upon destination, the cranes lift your yacht from the vessel onto a dock or directly into the water. This is the most common method used to safely transport a yacht as most yachts cannot fit into a container.
- Cradles: The yacht is placed on a cradle before it can be loaded onto the transporting vessel. Most cradles are for hire and come in different sizes to accommodate both super yachts and cabin cruisers.
- Submersion: This option serves the purpose of transporting the yacht from point A to B without it touching land. The yacht is normally initially in the water. It is safely guided to a transporting vessel floating deeper in the waters. Upon arrival, a crane vessel hoists the yacht to drain it off water then safely places it on the transporting vessel. The yacht is safely transported to the agreed destination and upon arrival, it is leveled down back into the waters by the crane.
Why choose us
- Our staff goes through a vigorous training to equip them with the relevant skills needed to ship your yacht safely to all destinations across the world.
- Time is of the essence for yacht owners going on vacations. We work round the clock to deliver your yacht at the agreed destination on time.
- Yachts are expensive vessels. Our company has the relevant insurance policy to carry out yacht shipping. In case of any damage, you are rest assured it is covered.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?