Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Stockton, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Stockton
The Port of Stockton is one of the two inland ports in California. It is located on the shores of the San Joaquin River, which is 65 km away from the port of West Sacramento and 96 km from the Port of San Francisco to the east. The sea port is centrally placed within the state, making it a regional hub for many local and international companies. As the area grows into a commercial centre, its multi-faceted port which A-1 Auto Transport has been using for shipping cars to or from Port of Stockton is also becoming popular.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Port Of Stockton to San Diego||$457||457 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Port Of Stockton to Salt Lake City||$522||696 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Albuquerque to Port Of Stockton||$622||1037 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Chicago to Port Of Stockton||$1046||2093 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Port Of Stockton to Kansas City||$1060||1767 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Port Of Stockton||$1111||2778 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Port Of Stockton to New Orleans||$1115||2230 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Miami to Port Of Stockton||$1228||3070 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What makes the Port of Stockton perfect for car shipping?
The facilities at the Port of Stockton are diverse allowing them to accommodate a wide array of companies. The facilities which are spread over 809 hectares host both private and public companies. Transit sheds at the port cover an area 102,000 sq meters while the warehouse area covers 715,000 sq meters. The warehouses are served by a railway system making it easier to bring in goods or vehicles for shipping at the port. Auto shipping companies can use the storage for vehicles that are not being shipped immediately, thus offering customers’ safe cargo space at the port.
Management of the berths is handled by the Port Stockton Authority.
- Good road network: The harbor at Stockton has an excellent road network that is also connected to the highway system in California. The highways that service the port are California State Route 99, Interstate 5 and California State Route 4. The number of truck carriers that use these highways to reach the port on a daily basis are about two hundred. Apart from the roads, the port also has two railroads that move goods locally and across continents. The railroads are the well known Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe.
- Extensive berthing space: Seventeen vessels can moor at the sea port at a go, revealing the wide berth they offer shipping companies. The size of the berthing space is an average depth of eleven meters with a capacity of accommodating vessels carrying up to 55,000 tons of cargo. The vessels can be as long as 275 meters and still fit well at the dock. Shipping cars to or from Port of Stockton can be done simultaneously whether it’s done using containers or Roll on roll off method.
- Availability of Free Trade Zone (FTZ): The Port of Stockton is a Free Trade Zone meaning that some of the goods that arrive at the port are exempt from customs duty fees. The harbor, which is the third largest port after Port of Los Angeles and port of long beach offers valuable incentives for those shipping in this zone, with many coming back to use it over and over again. In the event that vehicles are exempt from such duties, customers of those shipping companies get to enjoy cheaper rates for the transport service. We ensure that customers shipping cars to or from Port of Stockton that are entitled to such exemptions get them in full.
Planning to ship your car through the Port of Stockton? Read through our FAQs to understand what we have to offer.