Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of St. Clair, Michigan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of St. Clair
On the eastern side of Michigan State lies the city of St. Clair. It’s known for its appeal to tourists from Metro area Detroit thanks to boasting the largest freshwater boardwalk around the globe. The city is also home to the only plant in the United States producing Alberger Salt named Cargill Salt. But perhaps the most notable feature is the St. Clair River from which it derives its name. The river opened a gateway for cargo to be shipped in and out of the city via the Port of St. Clair.
Contrary to popular belief, shipping cars to or from port of St. Clair can be as easy as dropping a letter in the mail provided you know the following.
The standard documents required when shipping cars to and from port of St. Clair include:
- A document identifying your vehicle akin to a license
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Valid driver’s license
- For used vehicles, one must provide documents ascertaining proof of ownership
- For new cars purchased within the country, you ought to have the Certificate of Origin detailing that the car was meant for sale within the United States
- You will need a Junk Certificate if you are shipping scrap car.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Below are the dos and don’ts when preparing to ship your car to or from the port of St. Clair.
- Don’t forget to rid your car of all personal items and aftermarket add-ons especially when shipping via Ro Ro.
- Do thoroughly wash your car making sure no soil, pests or insects are lodged in hard-to-reach areas like beneath the seats. This is a stipulation set by the USDA and should not be taken lightly lest you are ready to contend with extra costs and delays.
- Do have your car serviced prior to setting sail. This ensures that your car will be in peak working condition when being loaded to the RoRo vessel, as well as, when being driven out of the discharge port to its new home.
- Don’t skip out on conducting an in-depth research of the auto shipper. The basic requirements for a reliable auto shipper are being fully insured, licensed, and bonded.
When shipping cars to or from Port of St. Clair, expect to shell out a few hundred bucks to the port for handling your vehicle. A couple more for customs fees in addition to the amount paid to your chosen auto shipper. To be on the safe side, have a little stash saved in the event of a surprise vehicle inspection which happens about 10% of the times.
Once all the paperwork is filed, money paid, and your vehicle is given a clean bill of health by customs, your precious cargo will be shipped.
Choose a mode of shipment
Depending on your budget and needs, you can either decide to go for Container shipping or Roll on Roll Off method. The former offers added protection and is mostly used when shipping high-end luxury cars whereas the former is the cheaper alternative that has fast and efficient loading and offloading processes
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance when shipping your car via the Port of St. Clair.