- Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Redwood City, California
- Port Of Redwood City Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Choose A Reputable Freight Forwarder
- Mode Of Shipping
- Required Documentation
- Port Of Redwood City Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Redwood City Includes Zip Codes
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Redwood City, California
The Port of Redwood City is just 18 nautical miles shy of San Francisco Bay. It serves as the sole deep-water harbor in South San Francisco. Its prime location between the ever-expanding Silicon Valley/ San Jose region and San Francisco has allowed it to thrive as an inland transportation hub. It offers easy access to Union pacific Railroad and U. S Highway 101 hence saving the residents both shipping costs and time.
Here are a few pointers you should take into account when shipping cars to or from port of Redwood City, California.
Port of Redwood City Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Port of Redwood City||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port of Redwood City to Los Angeles||$218||363 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Port of Redwood City to Las Vegas||$330||550 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Phoenix to Port of Redwood City||$440||732 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Helena to Port of Redwood City||$675||1125 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Omaha to Port of Redwood City||$1015||1690 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Port of Redwood City to San Antonio||$1028||1712 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Port of Redwood City to Indianapolis||$1381||2301 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Port of Redwood City||$1756||2927 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Choose a reputable freight forwarder
Shipping cars to or from port of Redwood City, California is a detailed process that calls for the services of a reputable freight forwarder. You will need to contact an auto shipping company that can offer you a wide array of freight services at an affordable price. Before signing on the dotted line, ensure that they offer the following services:
- Inland transportation.
- Preparation of documents for both domestic and overseas shipping.
- Insurance covers in case of damage or theft.
- A custom broker who will speed up clearance processes.
Make sure that the cost listed in the quotation augers well with the quality and quantity of services offered. Ideally, the more the services, the greater the economies of scale; hence the lower the consolidated cost.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Mode of shipping
The mode of transport available when shipping cars to or from Port of Redwood city, California, is container shipping. The method offers top-of-the-line safety by being both wind and water tight. You need not worry about damage from harsh marine elements.
The loading process requires the use of a crane that lifts up your vehicle and carefully places it in a 20 ft. or 40 ft. container. The personnel are well-trained in this process seeing as it calls for utmost precision. After the vehicle is seated in the container, its wheels will be restrained to the floor of the container by use of metal or wooden chocks. Afterwards the car will be lashed into position preventing it from moving while in transit. The only drawback with container shipping is the higher price tag it comes with.
In order to give your auto shipper sufficient time to comply with custom and security regulations, all shipping documents need to be assembled no later than five days prior to loading date. The basic documents required include:
- Certificate of Title or bill of sale in case of lien holders.
- Passport or valid driver’s license for proof of identity.
- Bill of lading that is signed and notarized.
- Vehicle identification Number.
Here’s what you need to do before handing your car over to the auto shipper
- Thoroughly clean your car to rid it of any plant life and pests. This is a stipulation of the USDA and should be upheld to the letter to avoid any unwanted charges and delays.
- Seeing as the only mode of shipment is container shipping, your gas tank should be fully drained to avoid any leaks.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from Port of Redwood city, California.
Port of Redwood City Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Beeger Road||Standish Street||Winslow Street|
|Howland Street||Allerton Street||Whipple Avenue|
Redwood City includes ZIP codes: