Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Palm Beach, Florida
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars to or From Port of Palm Beach, Florida
Port of Palm Beach is seated right at the heart of Florida in Riviera Beach. It’s among the top ranking ports in Florida with a specialty in shipping bulk and dry cargo such as sugar and molasses. The average tonnage handled per year is well over one million which is rather impressive for a port of its caliber.
Here is a rundown of what to keep an eye out for when shipping cars to or from port of Palm Beach, Florida.
As a rule of freight, when shipping cars to or from port of Palm Beach Florida, port fees must be cleared before setting sail. Should your automobile need accommodation at the port’s terminal, you will also bear the burden of storage fees. This is no cheap levy so be sure to carefully map out your sailing schedule to avoid such hiccups. Please liaise with your auto shipper on any other additional charges.
Below is a list of the most basic documents needed when shipping cars to or from the port of Palm Beach, Florida.
- The original title to assert proof of ownership. This should be accompanied with at least three copies. Be sure to print both the front and back of the title when making copies. Luckily at this port the copies need not be notarized.
- If there is a lien holder against the automobile to be shipped, you need to present a notarized letter drafted by the lien holder. The letter should essentially be authorizing shipment of the car to an overseas destination.
- Bill of sale for pre-owned cars detailing the seller and the buyer.
- Power of attorney to the company or person standing in for the owner of the automobile.
- Bill of lading. This is a document detailing the vehicle routing, the carrier, and the as well as the make model and type of car. Take note that any dent or scratch on the car prior to shipping should be written down on this document. This will make it easier to file an insurance claim should any damage or theft occur.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Mode of shipping
The most popular method of shipping cars to or from the port of Palm Beach Florida is Roll on Roll of. During loading, your vehicle will be driven into a RoRo vessel which is fitted with sloped ramps. It will later be unloaded the same way. Even better than its simplicity is its cost-effectiveness. The only trade-off is coverage seeing only a handful of ports offer RoRo shipping facilities. RoRo shipping is viable for SUVs trucks, compact cars, as well as motorcycles and ATVs. However, this is only applicable to motorized vehicles.
Container shipping is the alternative shipping method that costs a little more, and for good reason. Not only is it water and wind resistant, your car will be stored in a manner that will minimize any mobility while in transit. It is advisable to use this method when shipping exotic or antique cars that need added protection.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.