Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Nikiski
The Port of Nikiski is situated on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. It is 17 kilometers away from the Port of Kenai to the northwest. The population of the area is a mix of Caucasians and native Alaskans, with the former being the majority. Trade activities at the port are diverse with the majority touching on the oil industry. The seaport has a number of oil refineries that process its raw materials into gasoline. Apart from oil processing, the harbor is also used for services touching on government, tourism, retail, and even sports fishing.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port Of Nikiski to Juneau||$610||1018 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Port Of Nikiski to Portland||$1041||2603 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Ketchikan to Port Of Nikiski||$1106||1844 miles||5 - 7 days|
|San Diego to Port Of Nikiski||$1548||3870 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Columbus to Port Of Nikiski||$1638||4096 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Port Of Nikiski to Houston||$1718||4297 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Port Of Nikiski to Washington, D.C.||$1778||4445 miles||7 - 12 days|
|New Orleans to Port Of Nikiski||$1805||4513 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Why you should ship from the Port of Nikiski
The sterling highway that stretches 142 miles is the closet highway to the port. This highway connects the port to Anchorage, the largest city in Alaska. It is a commercial center in the area resulting in increased movement from the city to the port on a regular basis. Shipping cars to or from port of Nikiskiis often done on this road making it one of the busiest roads in Alaska.
Apart from the good road network from the port to the city of Anchorage, other reasons for shipping your car through the port are:
- Availability of several terminals used to ship diverse cargo to and from local and international locations. Some terminals are privately owned while others are open to the public, making it possible to transport your car using any reliable shipping company. Access to terminals is also uncomplicated, making the process of storage or transfer of vehicles to car carriers much easier.
- Plenty of berthing space for shipping vessels moving into the port or leaving to various destinations. Mooring of vessels can be done in a secure manner so that loading and unloading of cargo becomes simpler. The depth of the water surrounding the berthing space, which is around 600 feet, is also ideal for shipping cars to or from port of Nikiski.
- Use of the latest technology in the management of the port is a huge plus for shipping companies. Majority use digital devices to enhance their business with clients and appreciate the use of state-of-the-art facilities at the port. The technology makes it easy for clients to follow-up the shipping process using handheld devices and only show up to pick up their cargo when ready.
- Machinery used in the loading and offloading of vessels carrying vehicles is available at the Port of Nikiski. Shipping cars to or from port of Nikiski is safe and efficient when done using appropriate machinery and equipment. The shipyard has structures such as wharves and specialized cranes used for loading and unloading vehicles.
Talk to us!
If you need to transport vehicles of any weight or size to and from Port of Nikiski, we are the best people to guide you. Our experience in shipping luxury and regular vehicles within the US and internationally should give you confidence in our services. For more information about our shipping services, talk to a member of our sales team today!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 Nikiski - Kenai Peninsula, Alaska (AK) 99635
Our Services and Information
🇺🇸 Kenai - Kenai Peninsula, Alaska (AK) 99611
Motorcycle Domestic Destinations
🇺🇸 Kenai - Kenai Peninsula, Alaska (AK) 99611
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August