Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of New Haven Harbor, Connecticut
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of New Haven Harbor
The Port of New Haven Harbor in Connecticut, USA, has five privately-owned marine terminals that handle commodities such as petroleum, cement, scrap metal, break-bulk, and general cargo. Located on the Long Island Sound, it is the busiest port situated between Boston and New York. The harbor is circumnavigable and can shelter ships weighing a maximum of 40,000 deadweight tons, meaning it can dock container ships and RORO vessels that are used in international auto transport.
Automobile shipping at the port of New Haven Harbor
Shipping cars to or from the port of New Haven Harbor can be done at the Gateway Terminal. Our trucks access the port via the Interstate 95 and Interstate 91 highways. These are the highways you will use should you choose to cut the shipping budget by driving to or from the port.
New Haven Harbor is a convenient port of entry or exit when shipping from or to Europe, Africa, South America, and Asian countries in the Near East. We recommend this port when the car shipping origin or destination is in the state of Connecticut, and locations in the nearby states such as New York, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. Depending on our international shipping routes and schedule, we may use this port to export vehicles from states further away.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What is the cost of shipping cars to or from port of New Haven Harbor?
The average cost of shipping a car from the port of New Haven Harbor to Europe is around $3,000. We determine the cost of shipping by considering the following;
- The shipping distances. Overseas car shipping distance comprises of the distance from the current location of the car to the port of exit, the distance from the port of exit to the port of entry, and the distance from the port of entry to the final destination. To lower the shipping cost, some customers choose to drive the car to and from the ports, such that the only distance affecting the price is the one the ship covers.
- The size or weight of the car. Essentially, it costs less to transport a small car. When requesting a quote, we determine the size or weight of the vehicle by asking the vehicle’s brand, model, and year of manufacture.
- The shipping method. Enclosed trucks and open carrier trucks are the shipping methods via road when transporting vehicles to and from the port. While more expensive, the enclosed trucks protect the vehicle from road debris and harsh weather conditions. When transporting the vehicle in a ship from one port to the other, the options are RORO shipping or container shipping. The latter is more expensive, while the former is cheap and the most preferred method of vehicle shipping.
- The operational condition of the car. Overseas shipping of non-operable cars is rare. Such cars are expensive to ship as they require specialized loading and unloading equipment. In such cases, RORO shipping is not an option as the method involves driving the car in and out of the vessel.
A-1 Auto Transport is experienced in shipping cars to or from the port of New Haven Harbor. We provide affordable shipping rates without compromising the quality of services. For a free quote, visit this page or call us on the number at the top right of this page.