Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Monroe, Michigan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Monroe, Michigan
Seated on the shores of Lake Eerie lies one of Michigan’s economic treasures dubbed Port of Monroe. This deep draft commercial harbor not only serves as a premier transportation port, it is also a recreational gateway to the state of Michigan.
Here’s what you need to know when shipping cars to or from Port of Monroe, Michigan.
Vehicle shipping preparation
Before shipping cars to or from port of Monroe, Michigan ensure that you have adhered to the following:
- Your car must be delivered to the port 5 business days prior to scheduled sailing to allow enough time to load of your car into the container, and customs clearance processes.
- The vehicle should be thoroughly cleaned and be free of any dirt and debris.
- The fuel in the car should be no more than quarter tank and no less than half.
- Your car should be inspected by you and your chosen auto shipper at the time of hand-off and a bill of lading generated.
Click here for more detailed document requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The required documentation when shipping cars to or from the port of Monroe, Michigan includes:
- Original certificate of title. This document must be signed by both buyer and seller. In the event of a recorded lien holder, you need to present a notarized letter from the lien holder authorizing the shipment of the car.
- Photo identification in the form of an unexpired driver’s license or passport.
- Original bill of lading – This is a standard document that details the type, model, and condition of the car prior to shipping. It also states that the carrier agrees to safely deliver the cargo to the consignee.
Container shipping procedure
This is the only car shipping method available at the port of Monroe. Albeit costly; it’s secure, reliable, and it offers a wider range of coverage compared to RoRo shipping. What’s more, it is within your purview to have personal belongings in the car for as long as it does not exceed the 20,000 pounds weight limit.
There are two main variations of container shipping; a 20 ft. container and a 40ft container. The former ideally has enough room to house one average-sized vehicle or a 4 by 4 SUV. The latter offers sufficient room to carry two average-sized cars. As such, the 40ft container is more cost-effective seeing as the cost is shared among two people. The only tradeoff is the delay of finding a car bounding for the same destination.
Keep in mind that this method is not open to shipping all types of vehicles. The maximum door height for a 40 ft. and 20ft container is 2.58m and 2.27m, respectively. This boils down to not being able to transport cars with large roofs such as expedition trucks and motor homes.
Loading starts off by hauling your car into the container by use of a crane. Once inside, all four wheels will be safely braced by wooden chocks after which ratchet straps will be used to lash the wheels to the securing hooks found in each corner of the container.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port of Monroe, Michigan.