- Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Monroe, Michigan
- Port Of Monroe Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Vehicle Shipping Preparation
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Appropriate Paperwork
- Container Shipping Procedure
- Port Of Monroe Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Port Of Monroe Includes Zip Codes
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Monroe, Michigan
Seated on the shores of Lake Eerie lies one of Michigan’s economic treasures dubbed Port of Monroe. This deep draft commercial harbor not only serves as a premier transportation port, it is also a recreational gateway to the state of Michigan.
Here’s what you need to know when shipping cars to or from Port of Monroe, Michigan.
Port of Monroe Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Port of Monroe||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port of Monroe to New York||$346||577 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Port of Monroe to Minneapolis||$405||675 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Port of Monroe to Boston||$462||770 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Dallas to Port of Monroe||$691||1151 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Miami to Port of Monroe||$810||1350 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Seattle to Port of Monroe||$1395||2325 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Port of Monroe to Phoenix||$1171||1952 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Port of Monroe to San Jose||$1446||2411 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Vehicle shipping preparation
Before shipping cars to or from port of Monroe, Michigan ensure that you have adhered to the following:
- Your car must be delivered to the port 5 business days prior to scheduled sailing to allow enough time to load of your car into the container, and customs clearance processes.
- The vehicle should be thoroughly cleaned and be free of any dirt and debris.
- The fuel in the car should be no more than quarter tank and no less than half.
- Your car should be inspected by you and your chosen auto shipper at the time of hand-off and a bill of lading generated.
Click here for more detailed document requirements.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The required documentation when shipping cars to or from the port of Monroe, Michigan includes:
- Original certificate of title. This document must be signed by both buyer and seller. In the event of a recorded lien holder, you need to present a notarized letter from the lien holder authorizing the shipment of the car.
- Photo identification in the form of an unexpired driver’s license or passport.
- Original bill of lading - This is a standard document that details the type, model, and condition of the car prior to shipping. It also states that the carrier agrees to safely deliver the cargo to the consignee.
Container shipping procedure
This is the only car shipping method available at the port of Monroe. Albeit costly; it’s secure, reliable, and it offers a wider range of coverage compared to RoRo shipping. What’s more, it is within your purview to have personal belongings in the car for as long as it does not exceed the 20,000 pounds weight limit.
There are two main variations of container shipping; a 20 ft. container and a 40ft container. The former ideally has enough room to house one average-sized vehicle or a 4 by 4 SUV. The latter offers sufficient room to carry two average-sized cars. As such, the 40ft container is more cost-effective seeing as the cost is shared among two people. The only tradeoff is the delay of finding a car bounding for the same destination.
Keep in mind that this method is not open to shipping all types of vehicles. The maximum door height for a 40 ft. and 20ft container is 2.58m and 2.27m, respectively. This boils down to not being able to transport cars with large roofs such as expedition trucks and motor homes.
Loading starts off by hauling your car into the container by use of a crane. Once inside, all four wheels will be safely braced by wooden chocks after which ratchet straps will be used to lash the wheels to the securing hooks found in each corner of the container.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port of Monroe, Michigan.
Port of Monroe Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|East Front Street||Borchert Park Dr||Oak Street|
|Peters Street||Glenwood Street|
Port of Monroe includes ZIP codes: