Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Mobile, Alabama
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Mobile
Alabama is home to its only deep-water port in the entire state, the Port of Mobile. The port is enormous, occupying a total acreage of 4,000. It extends from the Mobile River stretching up to the McDuffie Island. Alabama prides itself in being home to this 41-berth port, and we, A-1 Auto Transport Inc. are especially proud in rendering the services of shipping cars to or from Port of Mobile.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|New Orleans to Port of Mobile||143$||143 miles||1-2 days|
|Port of Mobile to Jacksonville||405$||405 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Mobile to Tampa||387$||516 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Mobile to Minneapolis||701$||1169 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Mobile to Albuquerque||744$||1240 miles||4-6 days|
|Denver to Port of Mobile||832$||1386 miles||4-6 days|
|Boston to Port of Mobile||850$||1416 miles||4-6 days|
|San Jose to Port of Mobile||1176$||2352 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Why Port of Mobile?
The Port of Mobile is strategically located to serve land-locked states near it, including Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, and stretching to the states of Illinois, and Ohio. The port’s service to the neighboring states ranks it the 9th largest port by tonnage and the 13th in the US in terms of overall trade. A port handling such cargo traffic definitely has favoring characteristics and the muscle to back it up.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Special characteristics that make Port of Mobile ideal for vehicle shipment
Our car shipping firm relies on the major cargo shipping ports in the US to ship vehicles to and from international countries through ocean freight. The Port of Mobile is among these, owing to its natural stature and geographical architecture. You can read more of these facts here.
The port is surrounded by terminals characterized by deep waters, running as far as 1,500 miles with direct access to intercoastal waterways. The port also has 462 inland docks with waters running as deep as 40 feet in the river harbor and 45 feet in the tunnels. This is ideal not only for normal sized cargo ships but also for heavy duty cargo ships that handle heavier loads. In our case; heavier cars like trucks, RVs, buses, military vehicles, and SUVs. This makes it ideal for shipping cars to and from Port of Mobile.
The Port of Mobile is owned and run by the Alabama State Port Authority. Over the recent years, the port has seen major renovations thanks to the Alabama State Port Authority. It now has both private and public terminals that handle both imports and exports. The terminals comfortably handle break bulk, containerized, heavy lift, and roll-on/roll-off cargoes, all which we offer under our car shipping services.
- Break bulk cargo: The vehicles are lifted on board the cargo ship and secured in place by use of lashings.
- Containerized cargo: We ship cars inside hard-sided cargo containers that protect the cars being shipped to or from the Port of Mobile from external travel conditions and weather.
- Heavy Lift cargo: Extra heavy vehicles like Buses and high tonnage trucks are driven just next to the shipping vessel, from where heavy cranes lift and place them upon the vessel for transportation.
- Roll-on/roll-off: The cars are driven into the cargo ship and secured onto the vessel using tie downs. The cars can be shipped as it is (open air) or covered with a canvas or vinyl that offers a considerable amount of protection against wind, rain or small rocks. Upon arrival, the canvas is removed and the car is simply driven off the ship.
The diversity in services offered makes it ideal for shipping cars to or from Port of Mobile.