Shipping Cars To or From Port of Marquette, Michigan
Below is a step by step guide on shipping cars to or from the port of Marquette Michigan.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port of Marquette to Cleveland||$455||607 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Port of Marquette to New York||$631||1052 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Port of Marquette to Atlanta||$660||1101 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Boston to Port of Marquette||$667||1113 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Denver to Port of Marquette||$763||1273 miles||4 - 6 days|
|San Jose to Port of Marquette||$1148||2297 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Port of Marquette to Seattle||$1150||1917 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Port of Marquette to San Diego||$1174||2348 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Fill out the quotation form
After landing on a reliable auto shipper who is bonded, insured, and licensed, the next course of action should be to fill out their quotation form. This will give you a very close estimate of what shipping cars to or from the port of Marquette, Michigan costs. Most quotes will be based on:
- Distance to the destination
- Off season vs. high season rates
- Specifications of the car
- Mode of pick-up and delivery (terminal to terminal, port to port, door to door)
- Mode of shipping (container, RORO)
- Insurance package chosen, etc.
Keep in mind that the quotation will only give a preliminary cost analysis seeing as the final cost will be based on the actual vehicle delivered.
Vehicle pick up
Next, you ought to make arrangements for car pickup. Most auto shippers will offer you two choices. You can either personally deliver the car to their address or have one of their representatives collect it from your residence. Whichever piques your fancy, be sure to exhaustively inspect your car and accurately fill out the bill of lading. This is a document in which the carrier promises to deliver your car in a safe condition. It details all prior damages on the car, down to the last scratch and dent.
Before handing over your adored roadster you need to also prepare it for shipping. This includes thoroughly washing both the exterior and interior of the car. This is a safety regulation set by the USDA meant to curb the transfer of pests and insects from one port to another.
You also ought to provide sufficient protection to your engine by applying coolant/antifreeze. This is meant to protect it from the inevitable changes in atmospheric temperature while at sea.
Mode of shipment
The only mode of shipment offered when shipping cars to or from the port of Marquette, Michigan is container shipping. To avoid the possibility of damaging the car while in the wild rapids, a meticulous procedure of loading is followed. Your vehicle will be driven into a 20ft container after which all its four wheels will be braced by use of metal or wooden chocks.
It is then roped to four anchor points on every corner of the container by use of nylon straps or steel chains. The other end is tied underneath the car to ensure immobility while in transit. In accordance with the U.S Coast Guard regulations, the fuel level will be kept to a minimum while the battery will be disconnected.
In order for your car to be given a clean bill of health to be shipped, these documents must be provided.
- Bill of sale
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Bill of lading
- Original certificate of Title
- Valid driver’s license
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port of Marquette, Michigan.
Services And Information
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 Marquette - Marquette, Michigan (MI) 49855
Our Services and Information
Motorcycle Domestic Destinations
🇺🇸 Foster City - Dickinson, Michigan (MI) 49834
🇺🇸 Marquette - Marquette, Michigan (MI) 49855
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August