Shipping Cars To or From Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana
Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana, is among the few inland ports in the United States experiencing an exponential growth rate. While its specialty is handling agricultural produce, it also dabbles in heavy duty cargo. As it stands, the port ranks third in operating revenue.
The following should be taken into account when shipping cars to or from Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana.
When shipping cars to or from port of Lake Providence, Louisiana, you ought to be ready with the following documents.
- Proof of identity – You must present a state or government-issued identification document akin to an unexpired driver’s license or an updated passport.
- Proof of ownership – The original car title must bear your name with no lien holders. Cars with liens that are being shipped to Hawaii, the Virgin Islands of the United States, Puerto Rico, the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands and Guam, permission letters from the lien holder must be written.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Take note that the above is not an exhaustive list of all the documents required seeing as it also depends on whether your car is used, junk or new. You can find all the information regarding appropriate paperwork here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing your car
The exterior and interior of the vehicle should be sparkling clean to qualify for a “white glove inspection”. The USDA mandates that the inside of your car should be free of all mud, pebbles, pollen, stones, soil, dirt, plant life, pet dander, food residue, hair, and sand. The exterior’s cleanliness will also go a long way in helping you spot any vehicle defects post-shipping. It will do you well to have it deep-cleaned by a professional.
To avoid any hiccups when loading and offloading, your fuel tank should be no more than half and no less than a quarter full. This minimizes leaks while still allowing for little movement.
Ensure to hand over the complete set of car keys to your carrier. This includes wheel lock, trunk keys, ignition keys, door keys, as well as gas cap keys.
If your car has a ground clearance of less than 6’’, it’s advisable to get rid of ground effects and body kits. While this may not prohibit your auto mobile from being shipped, it will increase the efficiency of the loading process on haulers and ships.
Mode of shipment
The primary mode of shipment available when shipping cars to or from port of Lake Providence, Louisiana, is container shipping. This is a waterproof and wind-tight method where cars are hauled up by cranes, placed in containers, and finally braced and secured in position.
Your car may either be shipped in a shared or an exclusive container depending on your budget needs. Consolidation of several vehicles in one container shaves off a few hundred bucks off the price seeing as the cost burden is spread out to other vehicle owners. The only downside of the shared container option is that you have to wait for the container to be filled before setting sail.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping to or from Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana.
Auto Transport Services in Louisiana (LA), USA
- Alexandria, Louisiana (LA)
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LA)
- Bossier City, Louisiana (LA)
- Houma, Louisiana (LA)
- Kenner, Louisiana (LA)
- Lafayette, Louisiana (LA)
- Lake Charles, Louisiana (LA)
- Metairie, Louisiana (LA)
- Monroe, Louisiana (LA)
- New Iberia, Louisiana (LA)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (LA)
- Opelousas, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Fourchon, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Greater Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Intracoastal City, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Lake Charles, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Louisiana, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Morgan City, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of New Orleans, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of South Louisiana, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Terrebonne, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Plaquemines, Louisiana (LA)
- Ruston, Louisiana (LA)
- Shreveport, Louisiana (LA)
- Slidell, Louisiana (LA)