Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor
Moving cargo can be done by road, water or rail. However, water transport is most convenient when near a facility such as Port of Indiana-Burns Harbor. The port has a competitive advantage over other transport options available in the area. For one, it is located on the St. Lawrence Seaway which connects to the Atlantic Ocean through the Great Lakes. International shipping is the core business of the harbor with shipping companies being given access to more than twenty states through its Inland Waterways System.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|St. Louis to Port of Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor||$310||310 miles||2-4 days|
|Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor to Columbus||$331||331 miles||2-4 days|
|Minneapolis to Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor||$454||454 miles||2-4 days|
|Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor to Washington D.C.||$499||665 miles||3-5 days|
|Newark to Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor||$559||745 miles||3-5 days|
|Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor to Boston||$711||948 miles||3-5 days|
|Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor to Albuquerque||$810||1350 miles||4-6 days|
|San Jose to Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor||$1094||2187 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Why Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor is the best for car shipping
The design of the harbor makes it easier to handle car shipments more efficiently using the available facilities. Vessels that move cargo through the port include one hundred ships, three hundred thousand trucks, and twelve thousand railcars, among others. Shipping cars to or from Port of Indiana-burns harbor has a number of advantages for those interested in auto shipping. Some of the obvious advantages are:
- Expansive facilities that accommodate a large number of ships and cars to be transported to and from the port
- Large cargo capacity that allows the movement of at least 2,300 trucks loaded with cargo
- Availability of towboats that can haul cargo to fill at least 1,000 trucks
- Environmentally friendly transportation, which includes the use of ships that release less gas emissions when in use.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Port of Indiana-burns harbor is an ideal location for shipping companies
The port which is located in a steel-producing region houses a number of businesses that offer steel-related services. Even so, car shipment companies find the port to have location characteristics that are friendly to their business. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc., we love shipping through this harbor because of the following reasons.
- All sites within the harbor are connected by road or railway, making it easier to move from one point to another. This is great for both exports and imports that require door-to-door delivery.
- Easy accessibility to major roads from the port. These highway roads include the Indiana 20, I-94, I-80, I-65, I-57, Indiana 12. Car carriers have an easier time shipping cars to their final destination in areas that have a good road network.
- Trucks of different sizes carrying heavy loads are allowed on the port roads. Auto- transport companies involved in shipping cars to or from Port of Indiana-Burns harbor are able to pack the maximum number of cars in their trucks without worrying about being restricted from leaving the port premises.
- The existence of a Foreign-Trade zone operating within the port allows for global trading resulting in increases sales. Local firms can also use the facility to save on import duties that are a common feature when importing or exporting vehicles.
Talk to us!
Are you in need of services to help with shipping cars to or from Port of Indiana-burns harbor? We are the best in the business and promise you unrivaled auto shipping services in the area and its environs. Call us today!
Port Of Indiana-Burns Harbor includes ZIP codes: