Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Hampton Roads
Hampton Roads is one of the largest natural harbors in the world. It is the confluence point of the James River, Elizabeth River, and Nansemond River, and connects to the Atlantic Ocean via the Chesapeake Bay. It is a popular east coast seaport because it is ice-free throughout the year. Shipping cars to or from the Port of Hamptons Road is one of the many trading activities on the harbor.
The Port of Hampton Roads is a collection of different facilities ran by the Virginia Port Authority. These facilities are;
- Newport News Marine Terminal
- Norfolk International Terminal
- Portsmouth Marine Terminal
- Virginia Inland Port
- Virginia International Gateway
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Hampton Roads to Washington, D.C.||$183||183 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Phoenix to Hampton Roads||$254||254 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Hampton Roads to Jacksonville||$462||617 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Des Moines to Hampton Roads||$714||1190 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Hampton Roads to San Antonio||$949||1582 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Cheyenne to Hampton Roads||$1069||1782 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Hampton Roads to Salt Lake City||$1109||2219 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Mesa to Hampton Roads||$1159||2318 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Overseas car shipping
The harbor is a US Customs designated point of entry. All customs functions, including bonded storage facilities, are available. Car shippers can use the port to import or export vehicles to overseas country all over the world. But being on the East Coast, it is quite unreasonable to use it to ship to overseas countries in the Far East.
Vehicle processing for military personnel and private individuals is done on this harbor. The customs offices require you provide copies of the following documents;
- The PCS order (for military personnel)
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle title – if the title has a listed lien, a Lien Holder Permission letter is needed.
- Passport or another form of photo identification. If you hire someone else to pick up or turn in the vehicle, they should have Power of Attorney or a notarized letter.
For more information on the regulations and paperwork needed for customs clearance through this port, contact the Virginia Port Authority
Car shipping services to or from the port of Hampton Roads
At A-1 Auto Transport we provide the service of shipping cars to or from the Port of Hampton Roads. Some of the auto shipping services we provide to or from this port include;
- International car shipping. Most people require the use of this port for overseas shipping. The We provide transport from the US to overseas countries and vice versa. Bot container shipping and RORO shipping methods are available.
- International motorcycle shipping. We not only internationally ship cars but also motorcycles. We have all the necessary equipment to safely pick up or deliver a motorbike from the port.
- Long distance vehicle shipping. Not all vehicles to be transported through this port are from the Hampton Roads area or the greater Virginia state area. We pick up or deliver vehicles from all over the country including Alaska and Hawaii. When you hire us, you do not need to drive the vehicle to or from the port.
- Satellite tracking. Security is a major concern to many clients. That is why we provide satellite tracking so you can know the progress of your shipment.
- Express shipping. Do you need the vehicle urgently? Using our express shipping service, you can expedite the delivery of your vehicle from the port.
Shipping cars to or from the port of Hamptons Road is a service best provided by experts in the auto transport industry. Our customer testimonials speak volumes about the quality of service we provide. Contact us today for a free quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org