Shipping Cars To or From Port of Caruthersville
Perhaps the most famous River in all of United States is the Mississippi river. It is always abuzz with activity all year round. No matter the time of day, there is almost always a tow moving down or up the stream. One of the major factors that have shaped the popularity of the river is the Port of Caruthersville. This slack-water harbor is nestled along the banks of Mississippi River in Missouri Bothell. The full barge access to Mississippi River has made it possible for the port to engage in both domestic and overseas shipping of a diverse range of cargo ranging from grain to cars.
Here’s what you need to know when shipping cars to or from port of Caruthersville.
Mode of shipping
The only option available when shipping cars to or from port of Caruthersville is by way of Container. The loading process starts with your vehicle being hauled up by a crane and carefully set down in a container. Once inside, the wheels will be braced with wood or metal chocks that are bolted down to the container’s floor. Afterwards, padded ratchet straps are used to rope the wheels to the containers in-built securing eyelets found at every corner. This is done to ensure that your car will stay in position while in transit.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
All containers shipping cars to or from port of Caruthersville adhere to stringent safety guidelines that build on structural integrity as well as protect against marine elements by being designed to be water and wind-tight. These strict regulations have made container shipping the safest way to ship cars, especially for high-value vehicles that require increased protection.
There are two main container length variations you could use; 20 ft. and 40 ft. The former is suitable for transporting a single 4 by 4 car while the latter offers sufficient room for two average-sized automobiles. As you may have guessed, the 40 ft. container is more pocket-friendly seeing how the shipping cost is spread between two individuals. The only drawbacks are having to contend with delays, longer transit times, and increased cargo handling.
How long will it take for your car to reach destination port?
Depending on the location of the port of destination and efficiency of your auto mover:
- It will take about three to four weeks when shipping cars from port of Caruthersville to ports in Germany and North Europe at large.
- Voyage to or from Africa will be around six to eight weeks
- If you are bounding for Asian countries you ought to expect your car after between two to three weeks.
Keep in mind that this time is subject to factors like weather conditions, customs clearance, and freight departing dates, as well as high or low seasons. At the port of Caruthersville, cars are shipped weekly or more regularly in the high season. Your car will be cleared by customs on the week your car is loaded into a container or when it is delivered to the terminal. Upon arrival at the discharge port, it may take another week to countercheck paperwork.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Auto Transport Services in Missouri (MO), USA
- Blue Springs, Missouri (MO)
- Cape Girardeau, Missouri (MO)
- Chesterfield, Missouri (MO)
- Columbia, Missouri (MO)
- East Independence, Missouri (MO)
- Florissant, Missouri (MO)
- Independence, Missouri (MO)
- Jefferson City, Missouri (MO)
- Joplin, Missouri (MO)
- Kansas City, Missouri (MO)
- Lee’s Summit, Missouri (MO)
- O’Fallon, Missouri (MO)
- Port of Caruthersville, Missouri (MO)
- Port of Kansas City, Missouri (MO)
- Port Of St. Louis And East St. Louis, Missouri (MO)
- Port of Southeast Missouri Port, Missouri (MO)
- Saint Charles, Missouri (MO)
- Springfield, Missouri (MO)
- St. Joseph, Missouri (MO)
- St. Louis, Missouri (MO)
- St. Peters, Missouri (MO)