Shipping Cars To or From Port Helena, Arkansas
The Port of Helena, Arkansas is situated on the famous Mississippi River and is just 65 miles away from the America’s renowned distribution center Memphis Tennessee. It offers direct barge access to the country’s heartland by navigating about 15,000 miles of inland water. It also provides ready access to ocean trade lanes and the Gulf of Mexico, allowing for both international and domestic shipping of cargo.
This is what you need to consider when shipping cars to or from port of Helena, Arkansas.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Helena to Kansas City||$399||532 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Dallas to Helena||$434||434 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Helena to San Antonio||$530||707 miles||3 - 5 days|
|New York to Helena||$696||1161 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Helena to Albuquerque||$742||990 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Salt Lake City to Helena||$951||1585 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Helena to Sacramento||$1033||2067 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Los Angeles to Helena||$1064||1774 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Modes of shipping
There are two transit variations offered when shipping cars to or from port of Helena, Arkansas; shared container shipping and exclusive container shipping.
In shared container shipping, multiple cars are loaded into a single container at the port. The container must be fully filled before it sets off to the wild rapids. As such, this method doesn’t guarantee a fixed departure date.
Its saving grace is cost effectiveness. The shipping costs will be spread out among all the owners of the cars loaded inside the container. What’s more, it may serve as the only budget-friendly alternative in the event Ro Ro vessels are not available.
In exclusive container shipping, your automobile will be shipped individually in a 20 ft container. The space will not be shared with other vehicles. If you wish to ship personal belongings inside your car, this method is your best bet. The only drawback is that you’ll pay more.
Both methods can transport non-motorized cars and offer top-of-the-line safety by being waterproof and wind-tight.
The standard charges you are likely to incur when shipping cars to or from the Port of Helena, Arkansas include:
- Customs clearance fees – These are subject to change from one individual to another depending on whether your vehicle has adhered to the regulations set out by the Department of Transportation.
- Security filing and bond fees
- Transport to warehouse and unloading/loading of container
Take note that the above charges do not include those quoted by your auto shipper.
- The key requirement when preparing to ship your car to or from the port of Helena is having the appropriate paperwork. This includes a valid driver’s license, vehicle identification number, Photo ID and proof of ownership.
- If you value the efficiency and longevity of your car engine, it's advisable to apply antifreeze seeing as the temperatures in the wild rapids often fluctuates at moments
- If you are exporting your car to an overseas destination, it will make a world of difference to check out the specific duties and regulations that apply in that country. This will help you avoid any unexpected costs.
- The interior and exterior of your undercarriage need to be thoroughly cleaned prior to departure. Make sure that you pay close attention to the mudguard, the dashboard, and beneath all the seats. This stipulation was set by the US Department of Agriculture to curb the spread of insects and pests from one port to another. Should you fail to uphold this, be ready to be surcharged a pretty penny.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.