Motorcycle shipping is a very delicate process that not many people have the proper tools to execute properly. Trying to transport a bike out of Passaic without the knowledge, tools or experience can end up costing more than a typical fee a professional service would charge.
There are various shipping options a transportation company offers their customers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle Transportation Options.
- Open Air Shipping – Most uncrated motorcycle shipping methods have specially designed trailers that have tracks in the floor that the bikes wheels fit into. The front end and rear end of the bike are secured by using soft fastening straps.
- Pallet Shipping – This method of transport is where the motorcycle is mounted onto a pallet and secured using soft fastening straps on the front and rear of the bike. It is then placed in a large cargo container.
- Container Shipping – This is the most cost effective method to transport a motorcycle. However, it can be slightly inopportune for customers because they will have to meet the shipper at the origin terminal and pick it up at the destination terminal after delivery.
- Crated Shipping – Some shipping companies allow the customer to use their own crate for shipping. Sometimes, the shipping company will require their customers to remove handlebars and mirrors, drain fluids and disconnect the battery for crated delivery.
Preparing the Motorcycle for Its Travels.
To gain some peace of mind, the customer should do a thorough inspection of their bike and document any damages. By doing this, the customer can have full knowledge about what kind of condition their bike is in prior to taking off towards its new home. On the day the shipper arrives, they will conduct their own inspection of the motorcycle as well to avoid a discrepancy. Check the fluids, tire pressure and battery and make sure that if the bike is equipped with an alarm system that it is turned off so it doesn’t go off while it is being transported.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?