The town of Ouray, better known as the 'Switzerland of America,' is situated in between the San Juan Mountains. They offer a picturesque view that is hard to find anywhere else in the world. There's a reason as to why the town has been nicknamed the outdoor recreation capital of Colorado, there's plenty of activities to take part in all year round for people of all age groups. You can participate in ice climbing in the Ouray Ice Park, ice skating, skiing, and later on warm yourself up in Ouray Hot Springs Pool. You will probably run out of time, before running out of things to do. For people contemplating shipping cars to or from Ouray, A-1 Auto Transport is the best company to partner with. We will ensure that your shipment gets to its intended destination safely and in record time.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Ouray to Colorado Springs||$271||271 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Ouray to San Francisco||$664||1108 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Ouray to Dallas||$697||930 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Seattle to Ouray||$729||1216 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Detroit to Ouray||$939||1566 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Ouray to Atlanta||$971||1619 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Ouray to Miami||$1119||2239 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Ouray to Washington, D.C.||$1145||1909 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Ouray
When it comes to shipping cars to or from Ouray, very few companies can top what we do. We are capable of making safe and on schedule deliveries to any part of this town. This is aided by our matrix of well-researched routes that enable us to avoid roads prone to traffic snarl-ups and congestion. We are also capable of making deliveries to any of the neighboring towns, cities, and suburbs such as Montrose, Durango, Cortez, Clifton, Grand Junction, Redlands, Alamosa, Glenwood Springs, Canon City, Fort Carson in Colorado, Aztec, Bloomfield, Farmington, Taos, and Espanola in New Mexico.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we take great pride in being able to serve our customers with one of the most comprehensive shipping portfolios in the industry. Some of our services include:
- Dealer to dealer transport
- International car shipping
- Multiple vehicle transport
- Shipping for snowbirds
- Door to door pick-up and delivery
- State to state moving services
- Interstate car towing
- Terminal to terminal shipping
- Shipping for the military
- Port to port shipping
- Enclosed shipping
- Open-air transport
- Storage and warehousing
- Freight shipping
- Heavy equipment shipping
The types of vehicles that we ship
We have never backed down from any shipping job for lack of capacity. Thanks to our modern equipment, we can cater for vehicles of all shapes and sizes. Some of the ones that we often ship include:
- Boats such as fishing boats, catamarans, dinghies, houseboats, speedboats, yachts etc.
- Sports utility vehicles
- Electric and other alternative fuel powered vehicles
- Salvaged cars
- All-terrain vehicles
- Jet skis
- Antique vehicles
- Recreational vehicles and motorhomes
How to prepare your vehicle for the shipping process
There are various tasks that you ought to carry out on your vehicle before handing it in for shipping. Some of the tasks include:
- Removing all your personal items from the car. Auto shippers are barred by the authorities from shipping any vehicle with items that can be termed as 'Household Items'. You may end up being fined for leaving them in your car and experiencing delays in your shipment.
- Take out all custom installations such as external speakers, stereo systems, DVD players, GPS navigation systems, bike racks, and any loose items to prevent them from being damaged or stolen. Since they are not covered by the insurance policy, it might be very difficult to get compensation should either scenario happen.
- Wash your vehicle both inside and out. This will enable you to see all the damages which include dents, scratches, or paint peels. Note them down while taking pictures. Pictures ensure that you have clear evidence should you need to claim for compensation.
- Take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic for servicing. He should make sure that all the fluids are adequately replenished, leaks are sealed, the tires are inflated to the right levels, and the battery is fully charged.
- Since your vehicle will only be driven during the loading and offloading process, you do not need to have a lot of gas in the tank. About a quarter tank of gas will be enough.
- Make copies of your car keys.
- Deactivate your parking passes, toll tags, and alarm system.
Ship with us
Because of our experience and modern equipment, you stand a better chance of having a smooth and straightforward shipping experience when you ship with us. Partner with us for the best services that the industry has to offer.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.