Transporting a motorcycle is rather simple, despite what many people may think. When you hire a company that has a reputation for being dependable, expect a secure delivery.
Find an inexpensive Newnan transport company to ship your motorcycle. You'll be happy you hired professionals.
What Are My Options with Motorcycle Shipping?
There are a lot of different shipping methods to take advantage of depending on the transport company chosen. Consider your budget and the method of transport that you feel is safest for the bike. Many of these companies will offer insurance for the shipping process to ensure the motorcycle's safety.
- Crated shipping's known for being the safest method of transport for motorcycles. The bike will need to be drained of all fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected. Some companies will also ask that the handlebars and mirrors be removed. The bike is then strapped to a wooden pallet and placed inside a small container.
- Enclosed shipping is a safe method as well. The motorcycle will be placed in an enclosed trailer.
- Open air shipping is when the bike's placed on a flatbed trailer open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions. This method isn't always the safest, but it is one of the cheapest methods of shipping.
- Terminal to terminal transport is a cheaper service. The owner of the motorcycle will drop it off at one of the shipping terminals and pick it up at another.
- Door to door transport is a convenient service where the company comes to retrieve the bike from you and drops it off anywhere you need it to go.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.