The most reliable way to get a motorcycle delivered is through a professional, familiar with how the process works. There are a few different methods one could choose from to transport their bike easily and at a low cost.
Not everyone has had to transport a motorcycle before so the process is kept simple. Find the right Muscatine transport company at least two weeks in advance.
Explanation of Shipping Methods.
- Enclosed Shipping - This method of transport is considered to be the safest. This option ensures that the motorcycle is protected from the elements and driving conditions.
- Open Air Shipping - As long as the owner does not mind their motorcycle being exposed to the elements and driving conditions, it is a great and affordable delivery method.
- Door to Door - This convenient method of transport is where the motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its next destination.
- Terminal to Terminal - This method is very cost effective but not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike has been delivered to then some traveling may be required.
- Crated Shipping - This method of transport may require some extra preparation. Nonetheless, it’s known as the safest shipping method. Those with valuable motorcycles often use this transport method.
Tasks to Complete Before Shipping a Motorcycle.
- Clean the bike from dirt and deposits.
- Remove any loose objects and accessories.
- Disable the alarm system if the bike has one installed.
- Check fluids, tire pressure, and battery.
- Gas reading should be no higher than ¼ tank.
- Document and take pictures of any damages.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.