The most reliable way to get a motorcycle delivered is through a professional, familiar with how the process works. There are a few different methods one could choose from to transport their bike easily and at a low cost.
Not everyone has had to transport a motorcycle before so the process is kept simple. Find the right Muscatine transport company at least two weeks in advance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Explanation of Shipping Methods.
- Enclosed Shipping – This method of transport is considered to be the safest. This option ensures that the motorcycle is protected from the elements and driving conditions.
- Open Air Shipping – As long as the owner does not mind their motorcycle being exposed to the elements and driving conditions, it is a great and affordable delivery method.
- Door to Door – This convenient method of transport is where the motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its next destination.
- Terminal to Terminal – This method is very cost effective but not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike has been delivered to then some traveling may be required.
- Crated Shipping – This method of transport may require some extra preparation. Nonetheless, it’s known as the safest shipping method. Those with valuable motorcycles often use this transport method.
Tasks to Complete Before Shipping a Motorcycle.
- Clean the bike from dirt and deposits.
- Remove any loose objects and accessories.
- Disable the alarm system if the bike has one installed.
- Check fluids, tire pressure, and battery.
- Gas reading should be no higher than ¼ tank.
- Document and take pictures of any damages.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?