Murfreesboro Motorcycle Shipping
Motorcycle transport is a reliable method of getting your bike shipped out of Murfreesboro if you choose a trustworthy company. Check the Internet for the reviews and ratings the company holds. Past customers will sometimes write a review on a company if they feel the company did an exceptional job, or if they feel the company failed to
do their job.
With a little knowledge of the different shipping methods available and other pertinent information, motorcycle shipment will be made easy. Make sure that you are aware of your budget and find a shipping company that you can trust to ship the bike.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Assortment of Shipping Methods Available.
There are many different shipping methods used for motorcycles. However, some of them are more popular options than others. Some of these methods are also safer which might cause a little boost in the rate, which could be worth it if you want the safest option for your motorcycle. The shipping company might also offer insurance for another small charge.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is placed into a container for shipment.
- Crated shipping is when the bike is drained of all fluids then strapped to a wooden pallet. The battery must also be disconnected. The motorcycle is then placed into an enclosed trailer.
- Open air shipping is when the motorcycle is place on a flatbed trailer. This leaves it exposed to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Terminal to terminal requires the motorcycle to be dropped off at a terminal close to home and
- Door to door transport is exactly what it sounds like. The motorcycle will be picked up from any address you specify and then dropped off wherever you’d like.
What Must Be Done Before Motorcycle Transport.
For most methods of motorcycle shipment, there are standard requirements. Crated shipping is the only method with dissimilar requirements. As for the rest, they require:
- The motorcycle must be washed clean. Free of any dirt and deposits.
- Take off any loose or unnecessary items.
- Check for any existing damage. Write down any scratches, dents, etc. Take pictures.
- Check fluids, battery and tore pressure.
- Make sure the gas tank is no more than ¼ a tank full.