Shipping a motorcycle out of Milton is easier with the help of a professional transport company. The right company will be trustworthy and safe. The reviews and ratings from past customers are a great insight to a company's reputation.
Make sure that you do some research before selecting.
The Methods of Motorcycle Shipment Available.
Motorcycle shipment methods vary on the transport company that you choose to go with. Some offer safer methods than others, but that might make them a bit more costly. However, if the safety of your vehicle is important to you, select the method you feel comfortable with. Even consider purchasing insurance from the company if they offer it.
- Open Air Shipping - a method that exposes the motorcycle to all road and weather conditions which might not be such a good thing. It is a cheaper method and if the weather is in your favor, this could be a good way to transport the bike.
- Enclosed Shipping - the motorcycle's placed within an enclosed trailer.
- Crated Shipping - the motorcycle's drained of all fluids and strapped down to a wooden pallet. Don't forget to disconnect the alarm and battery before the bike's picked up for delivery. This method of transport's considered the safest.
- Terminal to Terminal - the motorcycle will need to be dropped off at a terminal for shipment. It is then taken to Sandy Springs to another terminal where you will have to pick it up.
- Door to Door - the company will come to where the bike is to pick it up. It's then taken to wherever you need it to go within the nation.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.