Shipping a motorcycle may not sound safe to you at first, but when you consider all of the benefits that come along with hiring a professional shipping service; you will certainly change your point of view.
The safest way to ship a bike is through an affordable Marysville transport company that specializes in motorcycle delivery. They have the appropriate hauling gear and shipping materials to deliver your motorcycle near or far without any worry of harm.
Check Out the Different Motorcycle Shipping Services.
A bike’s shipping services differ and are dependent on the transport company that you choose to hire for the shipping process. Some are more secure methods than others, but that might make them a bit more costly. On the other hand, if the safety of your vehicle is important to you, select the method you feel comfortable with and even consider purchasing insurance from the company if they offer it. Most Marysville transport companies offer insurance coverage free of charge as part of their shipping services.
- Open Air Shipping - a method that exposes the motorcycle to all road and weather conditions which might not be such a good thing. However, it is a cheaper method and if weather is in your favor, than this could be a good way to transport the bike.
- Enclosed Shipping - the motorcycle will be placed within an enclosed trailer.
- Crated Shipping - the motorcycle is drained of all fluids and strapped down to a wooden pallet. The battery must be disconnected and the bike will be put into a trailer. This is the safest shipping method.
- Terminal to Terminal - the motorcycle will need to be dropped off at a terminal for shipment. It is then taken to another terminal nearby its new home, where you will have to pick it up.
- Door to Door - the company will come to where the bike is to pick it up. It will then be taken to wherever you need it delivered.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.