- Manure Spreaders Shipping
- Trailers For Transporting Manure Spreaders
- Removable Goosenecks
- Extended Rgns
- How Much Does Manure Spreader Shipping Cost?
- How Do You Prepare Your Manure Spreader For Shipping?
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Smooth Manure Spreader Relocation
Manure Spreaders Shipping
Manure spreaders eliminate the need for manual labor when supplying the soil with nutrients, enabling you to focus on other parts of your agricultural business. However, you might have bought a new farm and need to ship your heavy equipment. DIY relocations are risky, so leave the work to a trusted carrier, such as A-1 Auto Transport. We can deliver your machine quickly and safely, regardless of the make and model.
Trailers for Transporting Manure Spreaders
When hauling your manure spreaders, you can choose from several types of trailers:
The flatbed trailer is the most popular and versatile unit. It comes in various dimensions to accommodate different manure spreaders. Furthermore, it has a stable bed that allows for safe loading by securing the heavy equipment on the outer edges.
Removable gooseneck (RGN) trailers are another great option. As the name suggests, they have a removable front end your carrier can use for a ramp. There are also double-drop formations that let you transport high manure spreaders.
Like standard RGNs, extended RGNs have an extra section to accommodate particularly tricky heavy equipment. A carrier may use the extended version if the spreader is too long for regular RGNs. They detach the rear end to create a ramp and load the machine more easily.
How Much Does Manure Spreader Shipping Cost?
Not every manure spreader shipping job costs the same. The price depends on many factors:
- Destination – The longer the journey, the more expensive your service will be. It also increases the number of places your carrier needs to visit. Additionally, the driver may face different rules and laws, which can postpone the delivery and raise the price.
- Freight density – The larger your manure spreader, the higher the shipping cost. Measuring the machinery beforehand is crucial, as it determines the suitable trailer. Besides the equipment, you also need to include packaging materials (e.g., pallets) to calculate the density accurately.
- Delivery priority – Your provider will ask you when you want them to deliver your manure spreader. If your deadline is flexible, your transport will be more affordable.
How Do You Prepare Your Manure Spreader for Shipping?
Having your manure spreader shipped by a dependable company like A-1 Auto Transport minimizes the risk of damage. However, you can take additional action to protect your investment.
For instance, you may want to rustproof your heavy equipment if it’ll be exposed to bad weather. There are several rustproofing methods:
- Plating – Zinc and tin plating offers a robust layer of protection from corrosion.
- Galvanizing – Layers of steel and zinc reduce the chances of rust while preventing blemishes and dents during transport.
- Painting – Some paints can safeguard your manure spreader from corrosion, depending on their composition.
Here’s what else you should do before the transport:
- Disconnect any power supplies
- Remove shields or other attachments
- Empty fluids
Contact A-1 Auto Transport for Smooth Manure Spreader Relocation
If you’re looking for an experienced heavy equipment carrier, you can’t go wrong with A-1 Auto Transport. Call 1-888-230-9116 or head to our website to get an accurate quote for your manure spreader shipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most prominent factor affecting the cost of shipping a manure spreader is its heavy load. This is because oversized loads require a permit to transport.
Rather than all the permits being available on the Department of Transport website, a shipping company has to apply for separate licenses in each state the spreader will pass. Sometimes, individual cities and towns have their permits as well.
This factor drives up the cost significantly since it's time-consuming. The final price is affected by traffic density, flow, weather conditions, and distance.
The best option to transport a manure spreader depends on your model, which is why you should check its dimensions before you call your shipping company to have it loaded for the journey.
Some models can weigh around 29,000 pounds, which makes them easy to transport. A standard flatbed trailer, which can hold 40,000 pounds, is enough.
Alternately, if you own a heavier model that weighs 48,000 pounds or higher, the process is more complicated. The primary factor is that anything over 46000 pounds is an oversized load.
Usually, a lowboy trailer is the best choice for heavy loads because a four-axle variant can easily accommodate up to 80,000 pounds. In most cases, a two-axle version is enough for the journey.
This answer changes according to various factors, the most prominent one being where your pickup and drop-off locations are. The longer the distance between the two areas, the longer it will take for the company to move your manure spreader.
Apart from the location, social factors also affect the total delivery time. More traffic means it's harder for the driver to ensure your manure spreader reaches you quickly. Similarly, some states might have extreme weather conditions like storms or heavy rainfall.
Both mean that the driver can't continue, so it further lengthens the time it takes for your spreader to reach its new location. That's why you must inform your company some weeks in advance. The logistics team will figure out the best route for the driver.
No matter how experienced you handle a manure spreader, make sure you hire a reputable shipping company to transport it to a new location. It's easy to get used to driving a muck spreader on a farm, but transporting it over a long distance is another story.
You must have experienced personnel who can efficiently handle the heavy equipment, including the loading and unloading, without causing any damage. You might have sold your spreader or taken it to another farm you own.
Whether it's close by or a few states over, hiring a company is brilliant, especially since some models are oversized.