Having a motorcycle shipped outside of Lorain, Ohio can be done within budget and through a trustworthy company. One way to make sure that a company has all of the characteristics you would expect from a business you can trust with your motorcycle, is by checking their websites as well as the reviews and ratings past customers leave online for potential future clients.
Once you find a company that offers all that you need to ship your motorcycle safely to its next location, start preparing the bike as suggested by the transport company. Satisfying the mandatory prep work recommended by the transport company will only ensure the vehicle’s safety as well as the safety of those involved in the transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle Transport Methods.
There are many companies that offer the convenience of various shipping methods. Some of those methods include:
- Enclosed Shipping.
- Open Shipping.
- Door to Door Shipping.
- Crated Shipping.
- Terminal to Terminal.
Crated shipping is the only type of shipping method that will require the owner to drain the bike of all fluids and to disconnect the battery. All other shipping methods have other requirements that must also be followed.
- Check all fluids and tire pressure.
- Turn off the alarm system if there is one.
- Check for any damage prior to shipment. Take pictures and notes for your own sake.
- Make sure there is a ¼ tank of gas.
- Clean the bike completely.
- Take any loose or unnecessary items off of the motorcycle.
Why Should a Motorcycle Be Shipped?
Not only will it save the mileage of your bike when you use professional shipping services, but you will likely save money. The condition of your bike will also be maintained. Most of the companies will offer insurance on the bike during shipment too. This gives that extra assurance you need to know that your bike is safe.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?