If your intention is to stay in South Africa for an extended period of time, you might want to consider shipping your vehicle there. International car shipping is easy and affordable and will save you from overpaying for public transport.
Navigating South Africa in the comfort of your own car will also help you gain a deeper understanding of the road network.
Road systems in other countries are different outside of the U.S. So make sure to study on how to drive safely in South Africa. Depending on customs rules and regulations and the method used, your vehicle may not be eligible for transport. Contact the South African Embassy for import laws and tax rates.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods Used to Transport Cars Overseas.
- Roll on Roll off – The RO/RO method is the most common way to ship a car outside of the U.S. After your vehicle has been inspected, it will be loaded onto the deck of the vessel and secured. With this option, all personal items must be removed from the vehicle. Items left inside of the vehicle cannot be insured by the shipping company.
- Container – This is not as popular as the RO/RO method because it is a more expensive option. This is the most secure shipping solution available. Your vehicle will be behind locked doors for the entire trip protected against the elements. Shippers are permitted to load other household goods into their vehicles and the extra space of the container. This shipping method is especially useful for anyone permanently relocating.
How Much does International Car Transport Cost?
There are a lot of different factors that come into the picture when calculating a total for shipping a car overseas. Distance, the method used, and the make and model all make up a part of the bill. Reputable companies offer deals and have flexible prices.
Make sure to gather quotes from at least three different businesses. Avoid companies that do not have a website or offer prices that sound too good to be true. Also, make sure that your vehicle is being handled by a company that specializes in auto transport before allowing the car to ship to South Africa.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?