Safe And Reliable Lathrop Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Attention to detail is what every bike owner wants when hiring a motorcycle shipping company. Bikes are machines that need special care because they are more delicate than four wheeled autos. That said, the tools used, technology, handlers, and trucks should be designed to work with motorcycles specifically. With our investments at A-1 Auto Transport, you will have no reason to complain. We have invested in top-of-the-range technology; our trucks are custom-made to ship even special motorcycles. We are fast. There are no cases of delayed deliveries. As much as we offer prompt services, quality and safety is not compromised. Ship with the only genuine shipping company in the United States today!
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Enclosed auto transport. As the name suggests, bikes are packed in enclosed autos and shipped. In the trucks they are strapped down using long-lasting belts to prevent shaking.
- Open auto transport. With straps and buckles, motorbikes are loaded and tied-down at the back of flatbeds or open-air autos.
- Crated bike transport. After packing your motorcycle is a wooden box, it will be shipped in there securely. It will not be opened until you dismantle the box after delivery.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- It is wise to ship your motorcycles after washing and drying. Hidden marks can now be seen easily.
- Inflate your front and rear tires appropriately.
- Charge the batteries to full capacity. Remove them if crating is the option for shipping. This is because of the acid contents in the batteries.
- Switch off the alarm. It should not go off while the truck is on the move. The drivers will have quite a hard time having to stop mid-journey and trying to turn it off.
- All aftermarket accessories should be removed and moved in a discrete and marked casing for simpler recognition. We advise this since many add-ons are fragile and can easily get damage in case the motorcycle is shaken.
- Bike fluids should be drained ahead of schedule.
- A little gas in the fuel tank will do. You can always ride to the nearest gas stop for a refill after delivery.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Ask what type of insurance coverage they have and what risks the cover will cater for. A comprehensive insurance cover works best. The risks covered include fire, theft, vandalism, and damage caused by bad weather.
- The transportation solution provider you are vetting should charge prices that are at per with the market rates.
- The agencies that approve the shipper of their services. Inquire about the federal agents that have approved the shipper to operate in Lathrop and in any other country they operate in.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- A-1 Auto Transport cares for customers. We will receive you with the budget at hand, advise you on the available options and let you choose the option that can fit in your financial plan. There are no hidden charges; the agreed price is what we work with until the motorcycle is delivered.
- Better safe than sorry! Our comprehensive insurance will cater for any damage that might be done to your motorbikes while they are in transit. However, we have never received complaints from any customer.
- We have invested in modern technology with the right hauling machines and vehicles that will ensure your motorcycles are delivered efficiently and safely.
Our Lathrop motorcycle shipping services
- Door-to-door services. Just remain where you are! We only need the address and we will be there in no time. We will deliver the motorbikes to your preferred location.
- Terminal-to-terminal services. Make a special request to have the ship delivered to a pick-up point near you. You will then at your own free time head to the point and collect your bike. This service is suitable for persons with access to ports or train terminuses.
- Crated Services. The wooden pallet used for this service come fitted with pads in the inside, a space is left between the casing and the motorbike to prevent damage. Straps are used to hold the bikes in place.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.