Shipping a motorcycle can be done easily with a trustworthy transport company that specializes in motorcycle transport. The City of Lakewood offers safe and dependable shipping services for your prized possession.
With different shipping methods to choose from, it is highly recommended that enclosed or crated shipping be selected for any kind of motorcycle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After you have booked a shipping date, prepare your motorcycle according to the company’s requests. Usually the preparation is all the same for enclosed shipping methods.
- Clean the motorcycle of all dirt and debris.
- Remove any unnecessary items such as saddle bags and other items that did not come with your motorcycle at the time of purchase.
- If requested, remove the handlebars and side mirrors.
- Inspect the motorcycle for damages prior to transport. Make note of any dents, scratches, etc.
- Disable the alarm.
- Make sure the gas tank is less than ¼ full.
The Advantages of Shipping a Motorcycle with Experienced Professionals.
Riding a motorcycle or delivering it alone will only put the bike at more risk. When it comes to a motorcycle of great value, it is always wise to go through professional transport services instead. Not only will it keep the condition of the motorcycle intact, allowing professionals to handle the shipping process is more reliable and safe overall.
The motorcycle is secured onto a platform which is then cautiously placed within a crate or enclosed container. This protects it from all outdoor elements that could possibly cause it harm. Many Washington dealerships, collectors and motorcyclist take advantage of these services on a regular basis. Not only is it safe from poor weather and road conditions, but it is further protected by the auto transport company’s insurance policy while the bike is in their hands.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory