Kansas City, Kansas is one of the more populous cities throughout the state. Having a motorcycle to ride on through the city will prove to be helpful as you explore the many beautiful landmarks. Shipping a motorcycle isn't difficult and it isn't too expensive either. Just find a transport company in Kansas City that you can trust.
When you are calling around trying to find a company to go with, make sure you ask them what shipping methods they offer. Also, ask them if they offer insurance for the shipping process. This will give you the extra peace of mind to know that your bike is more secure during its transport to the state of Kansas.
Methods of Shipping to Consider.
- Crated Shipping- a method in which the bike is drained of all fluids and the battery is disconnected. It is strapped to a pallet and put inside of a container.
- Enclosed Shipping- a safe form of shipment where the motorcycle is placed in an enclosed trailer.
- Open Air Shipping- the motorcycle was placed on top of a flatbed. This method is often cheaper.
- Terminal to Terminal- this service requires the motorcycle to be dropped of at a shipping terminal and picked up at another shipping terminal in Kansas City.
- Door to Door- this shipping service allows the company to come retrieve the bike from wherever it is stored. They will then deliver it to whatever address you had given them for delivery in the city.
Requirements for Motorcycle Shipping.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is free of any dirt.
- Disable the alarm system if there is one.
- Take pictures and document all preexisting damage.
- Remove any loose items on the bike.
- Make sure the gas tank is under a ¼ full.
- Check the tire pressure, battery and fluids.
Some of the Shipping Companies in Kansas City to Contact.
C.A.R. Transport, Inc.
301 S. 51 St.
Kansas City, KS 66106.
Auto Transport Kansas City
151 S. 18th St.
Kansas City, KS 66102.
Express Auto Transport of Kansas City
E5 1300 Washington Ave.
Mission Woods Auto Transport
300 2000 Shawnee Mission Pkwy.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.