Motorcycle transportation is something that should be done by an experienced shipping professional. Before signing an agreement with a shipping service in Johns Creek, check customer reviews online and make sure that they have good ratings. There are many different shipping services out there and they all have competitive prices, but sometimes you can catch a deal at the right time that another shipping services in Johns might not have.
The Methods of Transportation.
- Enclosed Shipping- This option is best for people who are sending thier motorcycles across multiple state lines. If the representative of the shipping company tells you it may take a few days until your bike arrives at its destination, enclosed transportation is something you might want to consider.
- Open Air Shipping- In most cases, people transport their bikes via open carrier because it is less expensive than other shipping options and it is a safe means of transportation.
- Door to Door Shipping- Door to door shipping means that the shipping professional does not require you to bring the bike to a drop off terminal. They will actually meet you at your front door and take the bike from there.
- Terminal to Terminal- If you live on a narrow street in Johns Creek or in an area that will make it difficult for the driver to pick up the motorcycle, they will require that you drop the bike off at their location. Talk to the company about having your motorcycle delivered to the door of its destination if you believe there will be sufficient space for them to work with.
- Crated Shipping- This method of shipping is arguably the most secure way to get your motorcycle where it needs to be. Usually, shipping companies will require that you provide your own container, but they might offer one of their own if they have any.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.