There are many people that hesitate to buy shipping services until they learn more about them. When you hire a professional international transport company, a very little risk is involved and the cost of shipping a car is much less than assumed.
In fact, overseas auto transports are known as a cost effective service. Not only will they deliver the car safely, but they’ll help you gain import approval. You must call the Embassy of Sierra Leone to learn about the current regulations stated in the policy.
If you want to ship your car to Sierra Leone from America, find an international transporter with an uplifting reputation for overseas shipping and affordable transport services. You can look into different transporters online if you wish to find a trustworthy service. Write down a few phone numbers and call them to get quotes from a few reputable companies. Schedule your shipping date at least a couple months in advance.
As Another Safeguard, Prepare Your Car for Overseas Delivery.
Prepare your car as stated by the transport company. The vehicle should arrive in the nation looking its best. If the car is prepared properly, it keeps everything and everyone aboard the freight ship safer from danger.
- Wash the car. Clean off all dirt and debris. Clean out the inside of the vehicle. Vacuum and remove all clutter.
- If the car is being shipped through open air services, make sure it is completely empty. The only exceptions are floor mats, car jacks and spare tires. Otherwise, remove any items that weren’t manufactured with the car.
- Look at all the car’s fluids to make sure they’re full. Don’t fill the gas tank. Leave the tank less than ¼ full.
- Turn off the alarm system. The shipping company might also ask that you disconnect the battery. This depends on how the car is shipped.
- List any damages the car has. Take pictures if the interior and exterior.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.