If you are planning on moving to the fifth most populated place in the state of Iowa, consider shipping your motorcycle there. Iowa City has a lot to be desired by motorcyclists. With all of the historical landmarks such as statues, parks, theaters, and more, there is so much for a biker to enjoy.
To ship your motorcycle there, all you need to do is find a company you can trust by paying attention to their reviews and ratings from past customers. Find one in the Iowa City area and ask them if they offer insurance for the shipping process. Try to stay within your budget, but don’t necessarily deny a method that’s out of the budget a little if you feel safer using that shipping method for your bike.
What are the Methods of Transport Available?
As you call around and research the Internet for shipping companies, you will find that all of them offer a variety of different shipping methods. These all vary in price and safety. However, a reliable company will assure the safety of the motorcycle during its transport.
- Open Air Shipping: A cheaper shipping option that consists of the motorcycle being placed on top of a flatbed trailer. Poor weather and road conditions may cause harm the bike if it isn’t safely transported.
- Enclosed Shipping: A safer method of transporting a motorcycle. The bike is shipped in an enclosed container.
- Crated Shipping: The motorcycle is placed within a small container and strapped to a wooden pallet. The bike must be drained of any fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Terminal to Terminal: The motorcycle will need to be taken to a shipping terminal specified by the company. The motorcycle is then retrieved at another terminal closest to Iowa City.
- Door to Door: This is a convenient service where the company retrieves the bike from you for the shipping process. They then drop it off wherever you need it in Iowa City.
The Transport Companies Nearest to Iowa City
804 34th St.
SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
600 402 10th St.
SE Cedar Rapids, IA
3911 Center Point Rd.
NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?