- Cost & Time Examples To Ship Your Motorcycle
- What Are The Methods Of Transport Available?
- The Transport Companies Nearest To Iowa City
- Iowa City Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Iowa City Includes Zip Codes
If you are planning on moving to the fifth most populated place in the state of Iowa, consider shipping your motorcycle there. Iowa City has a lot to be desired by motorcyclists. With all of the historical landmarks such as statues, parks, theaters, and more, there is so much for a biker to enjoy.
To ship your motorcycle there, all you need to do is find a company you can trust by paying attention to their reviews and ratings from past customers. Find one in the Iowa City area and ask them if they offer insurance for the shipping process. Try to stay within your budget, but don't necessarily deny a method that's out of the budget a little if you feel safer using that shipping method for your bike.
Cost & Time Examples To Ship Your Motorcycle
|To / From Iowa City, IA||Distance||Cost||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Iowa City, IA to Stockton, CA||1870 miles||$748 - $935||8 - 10 days|
|Twin Falls, ID to Iowa City, IA||1354 miles||$541 - $677||6 - 8 days|
|Iowa City, IA to Cincinnati, OH||474 miles||$189 - $237||4 - 6 days|
|Bedford, MA to Iowa City, IA||1188 miles||$475 - $594||6 - 8 days|
|Iowa City, IA to Lincoln, NE||303 miles||$121 - $151||4 - 6 days|
|El Paso, TX to Iowa City, IA||1247 miles||$498 - $623||6 - 8 days|
|Iowa City, IA to Anderson, IN||391 miles||$156 - $195||4 - 6 days|
|Elmont, NY to Iowa City, IA||1016 miles||$406 - $508||6 - 8 days|
|Iowa City, IA to Flagstaff, AZ||1417 miles||$566 - $708||6 - 8 days|
|Orlando, FL to Iowa City, IA||1252 miles||$500 - $626||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
What are the Methods of Transport Available?
As you call around and research the Internet for shipping companies, you will find that all of them offer a variety of different shipping methods. These all vary in price and safety. However, a reliable company will assure the safety of the motorcycle during its transport.
- Open Air Shipping: A cheaper shipping option that consists of the motorcycle being placed on top of a flatbed trailer. Poor weather and road conditions may cause harm the bike if it isn't safely transported.
- Enclosed Shipping: A safer method of transporting a motorcycle. The bike is shipped in an enclosed container.
- Crated Shipping: The motorcycle is placed within a small container and strapped to a wooden pallet. The bike must be drained of any fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Terminal to Terminal: The motorcycle will need to be taken to a shipping terminal specified by the company. The motorcycle is then retrieved at another terminal closest to Iowa City.
- Door to Door: This is a convenient service where the company retrieves the bike from you for the shipping process. They then drop it off wherever you need it in Iowa City.
The Transport Companies Nearest to Iowa City
Iowa First Class Auto Transport
804 34th St.
SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
All States Auto Transport
600 402 10th St.
SE Cedar Rapids, IA
Dependable Auto Transport
3911 Center Point Rd.
NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Iowa City Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Goosetown||Rochester Avenue||Muscatine Avenue|
|Melrose Avenue||North 7th Avenue||Westlawn South|
|Mormon Trek Blvd||North Dodge Street||Newton Road|
|Muscatine Avenue||Dubuque Road||Benton Street|
|East Court Street||Gilbert Street||Highland Avenue|
Iowa City includes ZIP codes
52240, 52241, 52242, 52243, 52244, 52245, 52246