At A-1 Auto Transport we know you have options. That’s why we strive to offer each of our customers the industry leading standards that has made A-1 Auto Transport a mover and shaker in the Interstate Auto Transportation business. To instantly get a free quote call us at 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the submission form above.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What is Interstate Auto Transportation?
- As the name suggests, Interstate Auto Transportation is for moving your car domestically from one state to another. For that reason you will often hear it referred to as State To State auto transportation.
- When shipping your car(s) you have the option to go with an enclosed or an open carrier. Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons for each type. Alternatively, you could go forgo those options and go with an autorack. Additionally you have the option of having your vehicle delivered Door To Door or Terminal To Terminal.
Why Choose Interstate Auto Transportation?
Whether an individual, family, or enterprise, Interstate Auto Transportation offers the ability to get your auto from A to B without additional mileage or wear and tear. State to State shipping is ideal for collectors or hobbyist shipping their baby to a show, a family moving from coast to coast, or a business owner looking to ship her fleet. We would not suggest shipping your car State to State if you are able to pack and tow everything you own or don’t mind a few extra miles on your odometer.
Tips When Choosing a State to State Auto Transportation.
While we hope you go with us, we want you to make an educated decision that leaves you stress-free. Here are three tips for ensuring your experience doesn’t turn into a horror story.
Most horror stories occur because of a lack of communication causes a mismatch in expectations, leading ultimately to a bad experience.
Double check when and where your vehicle(s) is being dropped off — you don’t want to be waiting for your beauty to be dropped of at your door only to receive a call it’s waiting for you at the port. Additionally, make sure to arm yourself with multiple quotes so not to be overcharged and taken advantage of.
- Have Everything Documented And In Writing
While you may have done your research on the company’s reputation and the security of each Terminal, always get everything in writing. Having full documentation of both your own papers and theirs ensures against untimely delays or unwarranted seizure. While their word may seem trustworthy, should authorities become involved your word against theirs will not hold up in court.
Having full documentation and written guarantees (“No Scratches/Time Delays/etc or your money back”) means in the unfortunate scenario the company you’ve entrusted does not deliver on its promises you can seek legal recourse.
- Insure Your Vehicle
If during the course of transportation your carrier hit mid delivery by a freak storm or vandalized by ruffians, having insurance makes all the difference. Maybe your carrier covers these kind of damages (see Communicate and Have Everything Documented And In Writing), maybe they don’t. Having insurance is the safety need you don’t need until you do.
For owners of hotrods, classic cars, collectables, exotic imports, and high-end luxury autos we highly suggest insurance as even if you carrier covers some of the costs, it might not be enough.
Call 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the form at the top of the page to get a FREE vehicle shipping quote today!
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory