Import Vehicle into USA from Western Europe
Western Europe is one of the largest car manufacturing continent globally. There are thousands of car manufacturers in Western Europe. It is for this reason that we receive more orders to import vehicle into USA from Western Europe than from any other continent in the world. A-1 Auto Transport prides itself in offering vehicle import services into the USA from Western Europe for more than two decades.
We ship all types of vehicles from Western Europe including privately owned vehicles for military, normal sized and oversize vehicles, sports utility vehicles (SUV), all-terrain vehicles (ATV), recreational vehicles (RVs), motorcycles and electric/alternative energy vehicles. And we offer both air freight and ocean freight options for our clients.
While Ocean freight is more affordable option for our clients, we propose air freight for emergency or prompt delivery and luxurious and high-end vehicles. Such luxurious vehicles s, manufactured or assembled in Western Europe Include Mercedes – Benz C300 series, Audi A8s, Porsches, Volkswagens, BMWs, Maybach, etc.
We have the muscle and equipment to successfully import vehicles from any country in Western Europe. Shipping a vehicle from a foreign land to your home in the U.S. is not an everyday walk in the park, especially for new clients. The job requires an investment of not just finances, but also time and trust between the client and the auto shipping company.
Cost & Time Examples for Import a Car from Western Europe
|Western Europe to (California port) to San Jose, CA||$3800||$200||30+5 days|
|Western Europe to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$2600||$400||16+5 days|
|Western Europe to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$3800||$450||30+5 days|
|Western Europe to (California port) to Portland, OR||$3800||$475||30+6 days|
|Western Europe to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$3800||$550||30+6 days|
|Western Europe to New York port) to Columbus, OH||$2600||$550||16+5 days|
|Western Europe to (New York port) to Detroit, MI||$2600||$575||16+6 days|
|Western Europe to (New York port) to Chicago, IL||$2600||$675||16+6 days|
|Western Europe to (California port) to Denver, CO||$3800||$775||30+7 days|
|Western Europe to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$2600||$1,075||16+7 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Our Import Vehicle into USA from Western Europe Process
We have a rich network of cargo shipping ports and air cargo shipping airports that serve the greater part of Western Europe. We work hand in hand with our clients to plan on the specifics of the importing process. This involves planning how the car will be shipped from the particular car manufacturing warehouse to the most convenient port in the Western Europe Country. From there, our professional auto transport teams in the particular country will take it from there.
In planning, how the vehicle is transported will be factored in too. This includes:
- Ro/Ro – Where the vehicle is driven onto the ships or cargo plane, strapped in place and shipped to the destination port/airport. Upon arrival, the vehicle is then driven off the plane/ship.
- Container – Where the vehicle is shipped inside an enclosed cargo container on a ship’s deck.
Planning also includes making sure all the foreign rules are adhered to. It involves checking whether the auto transport company is aware of the customs and restrictions that you may encounter, the duties and taxes to be paid once your car arrives in the USA and whether the car is a luxury one, i.e., if the vehicle is subject to Luxury Car Tax. If you are not sure about these, consult us. A-1 Auto Transport has been in the business for the longest time we know the ins and outs of the game.
After having the plan in mind, the financial implication is then ironed out. Any changes to be made depend on the quoted price. Remember, air freight is always more expensive compared to ocean freight. This is mainly because planes do not offer the same “pooling” option as ships do. Cargo ships are enormous vessels. This offers room for as many vehicles as the capacity will allow to be transported at one go, lowering the overall costs bared by one particular client.
The cost estimation to import vehicle into USA from Western Europe will depend on the vehicle size, the overall distance and the means of transport; ocean freight or air freight.
Vehicles are measured in square meter feet (SQM). The larger the SQM the more you pay. For the distance, it depends on where in particular you wish your vehicle to be delivered to in the United States. Normally, door – door services are more costly compared to using pickup stations for the delivery.
The Actual Shipping
The actual shipping involves a thorough car hauler inspection before the vehicle can be shipped to you. All the necessary documents are checked and the vehicle starts its way to you. A delivery estimate time will be provided to the client. Moreover, our import vehicle into USA from Western Europe services come with complimentary real time GPS tracking of your shipment.
Once the vehicle arrives at the designated port or airport, it then starts the final journey to the client’s residence for door – door delivery service or to the pickup point for terminal – terminal delivery service. Delivery notes are then signed upon the client receiving the vehicle.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- Import Vehicle into USA from AustraliaImport Vehicle into USA from AustriaImport Vehicle Into USA From BelgiumImport Vehicle Into USA From DenmarkImport Vehicle Into USA From FinlandImport Vehicle into USA from FranceImport Vehicle into USA from GermanyImport Vehicle Into USA From IcelandImport Vehicle Into USA From IrelandImport Vehicle Into USA From ItalyImport Vehicle into USA from LuxembourgImport Vehicle Into USA From MonacoImport Vehicle Into USA From NorwayImport Vehicle into USA from PortugalImport Vehicle Into USA From QatarImport Vehicle Into USA From Saudi ArabiaImport Vehicle into USA from SpainImport Vehicle Into USA From SwitzerlandImport Vehicle Into USA From The NetherlandsImport Vehicle Into USA From The UKImport Vehicle Into USA From UAEImport Vehicle into USA from Western EuropeImporting a Car into USA from UKImporting a race car into the USImporting a Vehicle Into USA from Canada
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August