Car shipping companies are commercial businesses like any other. The primal objective of any commercial based company is to maximize their returns. Automobile shipping is the service we buy from them, and, of course, we have to part with a few coins to get that particular service. After all, the fee they charge is what keeps their lights on.
Generally, the cost of shipping a standard vehicle at A-1 Auto transport ranges between 50cts and $1.25 per mile. This is, of course, an implied general rule. However, there are specific details that dictate how much it will cost you to ship your car from point A to point B. These are the relevant input and particulars used by the company to formulate working algorithms that will maximize their service output at the least possible cost. These particulars are then factored into an application program on our website called the Domestic USA and International Car Shipping Calculator.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Dictates the Cost of shipping your car?
There are several factors pooled together to determine the final figure on the car shipping calculator. All these factors intertwine each other, and a change in one might affect the overall figure given by the quote.
- Type of Vehicle
This is a factor used to determine the cost of shipping your vehicle. It will cost more to ship an RV, a bus or a trailer truck than it would cost you to shift a simple two or four door car. Moreover, the “social class” of your vehicle also determines the cost. A luxury vehicle requires extra special attention compared to non-extravagant vehicles. You must know the vehicle make and vehicle model in order to get a quote.
- Location and Distance
The longer the miles covered the higher the quoted figure. Distance determines the cost the transport company incurs in fuel and the time it takes to complete a delivery. Our cost distance estimate paints a vague picture of how much it would cost you to ship your car to all major towns in the U.S. Shipping cars internationally will also, of course, cost you more than domestic shipping. Also, shipping your vehicle within a particular state is cheaper than interstate car shipping. Coast to Coast car shipping is also more expensive due to the great mileage covered.
- The weight of the vehicle
The weight of the vehicle is closely related to the type of vehicle. It is one of the silent determinants factored in determining the cost of shipping a car. Understanding the weight of your vehicle is an essential thing. It will help you understand why the figure appearing on the quote is as so.
- Type of Delivery
The arrangement on delivery also dictates the figure on the car shipping calculator. There are two available options for delivery; door to door and terminal to terminal delivery. Comparison in price is often than most significant. Door to door delivery tends to be more expensive compared to terminal to terminal delivery. This is because, for door to door delivery, the car is delivered to your home address. This may mean extra mileage on our part. However, this is not to mean that terminal to terminal delivery is cheaper. No, not always. It depends on miscellaneous factors. Delivering your car at a pickup point may mean extra parking and shelter fees on your part.
How to use the car shipping Calculator
Our car shipping calculator is easily accessible on our website. All our web pages are integrated with the car shipping calculator. Getting a quote is as easy as ABC.
- Step 1: You shall be required to indicate where your car is being transported FROM and where it is being transported TO. At A-1 Auto Transport, we ship cars to any city and country, but we only transport cars from a location in the U.S.
- Step 2: After indicating the FROM and TO locations, you are then redirected to another page where you get to specify the vehicle make and the vehicle model. We have an extensive database of vehicle models and names for both foreign and U.S cars. You are rest assured that your vehicle model is listed in our catalog. You are also required to specify the year your vehicle was made. An email address and phone number are required, as well, for communication purposes.
- Step 3: After filling in the required fields, you can then proceed by clicking Get a Quote. The car shipping calculator will do its magic and our team will reach out to you via the contact details you have provided. That’s all!
If you wish to contact us, call (800) 452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?