- Getting Started
- Additional Information About The Move
- When You Have To Ship Overseas
- Final Instructions (Check List Of Moving)
Moving a car can be a tough job but today we can find many companies who make it easy for you. You can move your car from any part of the world to any part of the world without you having to lift your finger. That is why we find people buying cars from all over the world as shipping it back home has become a simple matter. However, you need to know how to ship your car so that you can avoid unnecessary hassles and costs.
The first thing keep in mind is the cost and an online estimate will give you a rough idea. Most companies will have an online auto transport calculator or an estimate form available. A calculator will ask for basic information such as -:
- the distance to be moved
- the make, model, and age of the car
- the date of transportation
Additional Information About the Move
There are two main types of shipping involved which are from state to state and from country to country. However, it is the following that you will have to consider which will have a profound effect on your final bill.
- Type of service – Door-to-door delivery makes things easy for you as all you have to do is sit back and relax while someone else is doing the work for you. However, it may cost you an arm and a leg while a terminal-to-terminal delivery is much cheaper.
- Choosing the trailer – Open carriers are cheaper than closed ones and most people choose the cheaper option. Closed ones are very expensive and they are chosen only when the vehicle in question is brand new or is very expensive. Your car may get a bit dirty during open air transport but you will have the advantage of having the driver check your vehicle periodically. Some companies use tarps or plastic wraps to protect your vehicle if you are particular about having it covered. Also if you have two or more cars, you can shift them all at the same time as the open carrier can carry 8-12 vehicles at the same time.
- Insurance- While most companies give a basic insurance which will cover your vehicle, check with your car insurance company whether they cover the car while transporting. If it does, then you get to save on insurance and money saved is money earned.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
When You Have to Ship Overseas
When you consider how to ship your car overseas, the move is not all that different from domestic transportation. However, you will have to keep the following ready to make the transportation smooth.
- Keep the Bill of sale with you
- Have a lien-free Title of Ownership
- Contact the local import office for taxes to be paid
Final Instructions (Check List of Moving)
There are a few things to do to make your car ready for transportation before it is taken from your house.
- Clean the car and make a note of all the dents and scratches it already has. The transportation companies will usually send only experienced drivers to handle your car but it is better to be on the safe side to ensure peace of mind.
- Make sure that your car has only the specified amount of fuel. If the amount of fuel is less, then that will make the car also weigh less.
- Turn the car alarm off.
- Empty the car of all your personal belongings even if your home insurance policy covers them while in transit.
Now that you know how to ship your car, you are sure to have a hassle-free move.