How to Ship a Car to France
If you’re planning to stay in France for a long vacation or even temporary stay, you might want to think about shipping your vehicle there too. International car shipping is easy and affordable. It will save you from overpaying for public transport and dealing with language or currency barriers. Having your own vehicle to explore the beautiful lands of France will prove helpful.
Depending on import regulations and the shipping method used, your vehicle may not be allowed into the country. Make sure that it complies with the import regulations in place before the date of transport. The shipping company will not ship your car to France if it doesn’t meet the import regulations set by the nation.
Popular Overseas Shipping Options for a Car
- The RO/RO method is the most common way to ship a car over water. After your vehicle has been inspected, it will be loaded onto the deck of a freight ship and secured for transport. With this option, all personal items must be removed from the vehicle. Items left inside of the vehicle cannot be insured by the shipping company.
- Container shipping isn’t as favored as open air shipping methods because it is a little more expensive. This is the most secure shipping solution available. Your vehicle will be behind locked doors for the entire trip protected against the elements. Shippers are allowed to pack other goods into their vehicles and the extra space of the container. This shipping method is especially useful for anyone permanently relocating. Call the Embassy of France to find out what the current import laws are.
How Much Does International Car Shipping Cost?
There are a lot of different factors that are considered as the transport professionals calculate a total for shipping your car France. Distance, the method used, and the make and model all make up a part of the final bill. Reputable companies offer deals and have flexible prices.
Make sure to gather quotes from at least three different businesses. Avoid companies that do not have a website or a form of advertisement. Make sure their services are offered at reasonable rates. The company you purchase shipping services through should have years of experience dealing with international auto transports.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?