How Much Does It Cost to Ship Heavy Equipment?
There are many industries that find it necessary to transport heavy equipment and oversized loads. Forestry, mining and construction are just a few industries that frequently use the assistance of professional transport companies to get their equipment wherever it may need to go. A transport company must have the right shipping equipment and technology to successfully deliver heavy equipment. Safety is the number one concern of anyone transporting heavy cargo. The slightest mistake could cause a very serious accident.
Since the risks involved with heavy equipment shipping are much higher than that of other transports, the cost of shipping services are significantly higher too. Most transport companies with the ability to ship heavy or oversized equipment charge at least a couple dollars per mile for their services. You may notice other fees for the transporter’s use of special shipping equipment. It truly depends on the transport company and how your cargo must transport.
There are several ways to have oversized loads and heavy equipment delivered. Aside from the type of cargo, whether you’re shipping domestically or internationally is also considered before a method of transport is recommended by professionals. These methods are all designed with a safe transport in mind. Nevertheless, the method used will affect your final shipping service bill. You’ll find that you don’t have too many shipping options when it comes to heavy equipment transport.
A dependable, longstanding transport company will carry insurance. Their policy will cover the value of your equipment in the case of an accident. Although accidents rarely occur, it is wise to hire a transporter with full coverage on your equipment while it’s in their care for the transport. Heavy equipment transports are riskier in that they can shift while out on the road, causing the hauler to destabilize or for the cargo to fall off the hauler putting everyone on the road at danger. However, shifting is less likely to happen if the cargo was secured properly using the right shipping equipment and tools. It pays to hire a transport company with the right qualities and experience.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?