Classic Car: Overseas Shipping Cost
Whether it be a car or truck, shipping a classic vehicle requires some special care and experienced handling. This is doubly so when shipping a classic to another country since there are factors involved outside the normal jostling of shipping a car on a transport truck. It’s important to deal with an experienced international shipper, not just so that they treat your classic properly, but also so that they can help you make sure that you have everything in order before shipping your vehicle overseas.
Experience – Experience matters any time you ship a vehicle, but with a classic, it’s of the utmost importance. Not only do you want to be sure that your vehicle is in the right hands, but you also want to assurance that you’re dealing with a shipper that knows the ins and outs of the business. This is one reason why it’s important to come armed with a few questions when you contact a company to ship a car, especially overseas.
You don’t have to look too hard on the internet to find stories of cars getting damaged when they’re shipped within the United States, you can imagine how much of a potential disaster that could be with everything involved in shipping a class to another country. It may be okay to seek out a bargain basement shipper for hauling a classic over a short distance, but it’s not recommended for international transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Paperwork & Insurance | Overseas Auto Transport
- Paperwork – One of the main challenges of shipping any vehicle internationally, classic or otherwise, is the paperwork involved. If you don’t have everything fully prepared, as per the requirements of the country you’re shipping to, it could become a time-consuming and expensive issue. Making sure you’re working with a reputable shipper and that you have all required documents is one way to make sure you don’t encounter any unexpected costs along the way.
- Insurance – When you ship a classic vehicle, you want the peace of mind that it’s going to be covered in the unlikely event that it gets damaged. While there is basic insurance in place that will cover damaged caused by the shipper, it does not typically cover other damages. While it’s perfectly safe to have a car or truck shipped overseas without supplemental insurance, it’s highly recommended for any classic, vintage or collector vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?