This is How I Ship My Motorcycle Overseas
If you want to ship your motorcycle overseas, you will need to schedule a ship date with a motorcycle transport company. These companies provide safe shipping solutions for all types of motorcycles.
However, shipping a bike overseas is a much different process than shipping a bike domestically.
You will need to prepare all the proper paperwork including your driver’s license, bill of lading and passport. Customs officials will need to see all the proper forms in order to release the vehicle to you. Stay updated on changes in rules and regulations so you do not wind up forgetting something.
Is shipping a Bike with a Professional Safe?
Shipping accidents are a rare occurrence. So to answer this question plainly, yes shipping a bike with a professional is safe. If you have never shipped a bike with a professional in the past, do some research in order to find the most reputable international motorcycle shipping companies. You will need to compare at least three quotes from three different companies to make sure you get the best deal.
Methods Used to Ship Motorcycles.
- Enclosed Transport – This is the safest way to transport a motorcycle because it will be locked away from driving conditions and weather.
- Open Air Transport – Used by dealers, manufacturers, and individuals. This is also the most common way to transport vehicles.
- Created – This form of shipping might require you to remove the handlebars and mirrors off of the bike. You will have to drain the fluids as well to ensure that no leaks occur during transport.
Learn How to Drive in another Country.
Driving outside of the U.S. is something you should definitely prepare yourself for. Learn the rules of the road by doing online research and watching informative videos. If classes are available, consider taking those as well. Without knowing how to drive in the country you will be visiting, you will be more susceptible to getting into an accident or receiving violations for law enforcement.
Related Information & FAQ.
- Tips for shipping motorcycle overseas
- Motorcycle shipping charges
- Motorcycle shipping cost calculator
- I need to ship my motorcycle
- What are my options if I ship my motorcycle?
- What does it cost to ship a motorcycle overseas?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.