If you want to ship your motorcycle overseas, you will need to schedule a ship date with a motorcycle transport company. These companies provide safe shipping solutions for all types of motorcycles.
However, shipping a bike overseas is a much different process than shipping a bike domestically.
You will need to prepare all the proper paperwork including your driver’s license, bill of lading and passport. Customs officials will need to see all the proper forms in order to release the vehicle to you. Stay updated on changes in rules and regulations so you do not wind up forgetting something.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Is shipping a Bike with a Professional Safe?
Shipping accidents are a rare occurrence. So to answer this question plainly, yes shipping a bike with a professional is safe. If you have never shipped a bike with a professional in the past, do some research in order to find the most reputable international motorcycle shipping companies. You will need to compare at least three quotes from three different companies to make sure you get the best deal.
Methods Used to Ship Motorcycles.
- Enclosed Transport – This is the safest way to transport a motorcycle because it will be locked away from driving conditions and weather.
- Open Air Transport – Used by dealers, manufacturers, and individuals. This is also the most common way to transport vehicles.
- Created – This form of shipping might require you to remove the handlebars and mirrors off of the bike. You will have to drain the fluids as well to ensure that no leaks occur during transport.
Learn How to Drive in another Country.
Driving outside of the U.S. is something you should definitely prepare yourself for. Learn the rules of the road by doing online research and watching informative videos. If classes are available, consider taking those as well. Without knowing how to drive in the country you will be visiting, you will be more susceptible to getting into an accident or receiving violations for law enforcement.
Related Information & FAQ.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory