As you’re searching the Internet for the most dependable and reputable truck shipping companies, you’ll notice that most of them offer an online tool to help determine the cost of shipping. This tool provides an estimate. It isn’t meant to give a definite total. It’s designed to help potential customers visiting the site get a better idea of how much the truck shipping service might cost them.
Learn more about shipping a truck.
What Determines the Cost of Shipping?
- The specifications of the truck such as the model, age, and condition.
- The pickup and drop off locations so the distance between them can be totaled into the cost.
- The type of truck shipping services you decide to use.
- The weight of the truck and any other items being transported.
- The time of year often affects the price.
- Current fuel costs.
To use the truck shipping calculator, simply fill out the requested information. Usually, it will begin by asking for the date you would like the transport to occur, as well as the locations for pickup and drop off. For a more accurate quote, call in and provide customer service with more details.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Don’t Forget About Insurance.
Never forget to ask the transport company about their insurance coverage. All reputable shipping companies should carry an insurance policy that protects all the vehicles that are in their care for the delivery process. Make sure that you also ask if your vehicle is protected up to its full value.
It is rare that an accident occurs during the shipping process, but after the truck is delivered to its destination, it’s wise to give it a look over. Check for any paint chips, scratches, dents or other visible markings. If you notice the damage that wasn’t there prior to the transport, tell the shipping company and they’ll file a report before an insurance claim can be filed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory