Just as summer is reaching its peak, Hot August Nights roll into Tahoe, CA and Reno, NV. Much like Sturgis, the event is spread out over an entire week, starting in Tahoe and finishing up across the border. True to its name, most of the events are held in the evenings after the sweltering summer heat has somewhat dissipated, which makes this less of a kid-friendly event than other car shows.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Date: July 25 – August 3, 2014
Location: Tahoe, CA and Reno, NV
Event Schedule: Every night, this show is jam-packed with events, including classic car judging, open cruises, cruising craft fair, car auctions parking lot roulette, and much more. You can find more information about all of the events here.
Drag Races: My absolute favorite part of the week is the drag racing. Continuing with the theme, this event starts late (6 pm) and ends even later (midnight). Nightly passes cost $10 per person. To enter the racing, your vehicle must be 1976 or older. Click here for more information about the races.
Sponsors: Hot August Nights has an all-star cast of sponsors, including Chevrolet and Ford, Coors, the City of Reno, Buffalo Wild Wings, Black Bear Diner, and hotel/casinos including Harrah’s, Sands, and the Grand Sierra. Check out all the sponsors here.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?