How To Ship Your Giocattolo
The Giocattolo was only short lived, but thanks to modern restoration efforts, the vehicles have lived much longer. Those looking to ship the Giocattolo cross country or internationally might want to consider the following when picking their car shipping companies.
It is important to choose a company that offers as many options as possible. Depending on one’s needs and budget, it is important to understand the options available for the auto transportation process. Perhaps the most important is the choice of carrier. There are two basic types of carriers available in the market.
- Open carriers: these have the vehicle exposed to the elements. Open carriers can be further divided into multi-car and single car opens carriers. Single car carriers carry just the one car, but the multi-carriers haul between 3 and ten cars per trip. Many of the multi-car carriers that carry more than three vehicles at a time have different loading levels for stacking the vehicles. Since open carriers have the vehicle exposed to the elements, the vehicles loaded on the top level, otherwise called top loading, attract a higher transportation fee than those at the lower levels, because of the risk of damage from debris.
- Enclosed carriers: these have the vehicle completely protected from the elements but are often more expensive and exclusive. Could be ideal for expensive vehicles or old vintage cars.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It might seem obvious but do not take for granted the pickup and delivery options on offer. Confirm whether they offer only one or both of the following;
- Door to door delivery and pickup: this method is more convenient and does not involve the owner of the vehicle in the process at all. The car is picked up at the source and ferried all the way cross country to the new destination. It is appropriate in situations where the vehicle is not in a condition to be driven, like in the case of, say, old vintage vehicles.
- Terminal based delivery and pickup: requires the owner of the vehicle dropping the car at a company terminal. From there, the company has the car shipped to another terminal near the destination, from where the owner picks up the car again. Can be much cheaper and ideal for those who have the resources to pick up and drop the vehicle at both ends. It might be necessary for areas where the access roads cannot allow huge carrier trucks to pick up or drop the vehicle at home. It could be impossible, though, if the vehicle is not in drivable condition.
Depending on the source of destination of the vehicle, one might also want to consider whether the company offers both domestic and international shipment. Local shipment is relatively simple. Even then, there are several different shipment options. One can choose from rail, road or air. Road is the most common, and air the most exclusive and expensive. It is also fast and might appeal to a certain type of clientele.When shipping to or from overseas locations, there are three shipping options available. The vehicle could be driven below deck in a ship, and secured, or could be shipped in a container via freight. The third option is air transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?