How to Get the Best out of Multiple Auto Transport Quotes?
Now that it is time to move, you need a good transport company to help you with your car. Nowadays you can find many companies or almost all of them with an online presence. Moreover, there are some specialized sites that pull in quotes from various companies and allow you to compare them. However, you need to know a few things about multiple auto transport quotes before you can safely use them.
5 Advantages of Using Multiple Quotes
Before we start, allow me to state that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages and that we are going to deal with the negative aspects only so that you, the user, can become an expert in comparing quotes.
- You might be dealing with a broker and not the firm – yes, this is an advantage as brokers will be able to get the best routes and the best company for you. Not many realize that brokers have an extensive network that will get a company that does your desired route on a regular basis. That means you will get customized services at standard rates. So that is how some companies (through brokers) give you amazing low rates.
- Comparing the companies – Other than allowing you to compare the rates, they will also help you to compare the companies themselves. Of course, the websites are not going to pull out this information for you but you can call up or check the company’s website directly.
- Comparing the services – Get a break up of the services so that you will know the services that are included in the quote. Different companies will consider different services as the standard package.
- Selection by rejection – You can select the company that you want by eliminating other companies one by one. Make a list of the services that you need and scratch off the companies that do not provide those services or they do provide but at an exorbitant rate.
- Time saver – you can get all your “shopping” under one roof, so to speak. There is no need to call up or visit various offices or websites and ask them for quotes. One site will give you access to thousands of movers in just a few seconds
Disadvantages of Using Multiple Quotes
- Cheap might not be the best – You might get fooled into choosing the company that gives the lowest quote. Some companies have known to give the customer another rate as soon as the job is done. So to avoid being scammed, ask for the companies to give a break up of their quotes so that you will exactly what you are paying for.
- Standards vary – There is another trend where the company is able to quote a low rate by using the smallest car as the standard. So even if you get multiple auto transport quotes, you still might not get the best deal with the lowest rate.
- You might not get accuracy – the instant quotes from multiple sites might come from a standardized calculator which might not take into account certain factors like the time of travel. This is a vital price deciding factor as the rate will be lower in winter as opposed to summer.
The Final Judgement
Even though you might not get accurate quotes, you can get the company to give you a personalized estimate. After all that is said and done, multiple auto transport quotes are the preferred choice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org