Safe And Reliable Franklin Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Bike riders and their rides have this extraordinary attachment between them. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc. we take pride in strengthening the attachment by helping the owners with tailored bike transport services. Quick and secure delivery means that the bond is maintained.
Whether you want to relocate to Franklin, ship your machine to a rally event going down in a far state, tour around Indiana or transport your bike due to bad weather, the most suitable way to move it is checking out our list of shipping options and selecting that which meets every minute requisite. There is no bike aficionado that can leave their bike behind!
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open truck moving: Here your machine is moved to the needed location after we strap it on a skid or pallet and load it on an open trailer. Choose this domestic shipping method when shipping your ride over short distances.
- Enclosed truck moving: This method of bike transport can be used for both domestic and foreign shipping. Our trucks are covered to protect your bikes from getting damaged either by the debris on the road or harsh weather elements.
- Crated motorcycle transport: Firstly, crating motorcycles is perfect for local and international bike transport. After prepping your bike, we pack it in a wooden box-like structure that is slated. We pad the inside with fiber cushions to protect the bike from getting damaged.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Beware of motorcycle accessories that might get wobbly during hauling. These can be detached and packed separately or secured. Other parts like side mirrors should be folded in and covered with a heavy blanket if they cannot be detached. Speaking of accessories that are not attached to the bike, you should find a safe box, pack the items and label it appropriately. Examples of these items include riders’ gloves, helmets, and reflectors.
You are needed to give a brief report of the pre-shipping condition of your motorcycle before the shipper executes the shipment. We will tell you how to do it. Firstly, place your bike in a safe place, either indoors or outdoors. Be sure the place has enough lighting. You will need to wash off all the dirt on your bike for you to view any possible damage to the bike’s body. Create a detailed write-up explaining all the damages on your motorcycle. You want to send some copies to the motorcycle’s recipient so that they can inspect the bike when receiving it. It is good to photograph your ride too.
Do not overlook the maintenance part. You might want to inflate the tires appropriately. Ensure that the level of gas is not more than a quarter of the tank’s capacity. Check the volume of fluids in the bike. Some fluids are inflammable or corrosive and should be drained before packing your machine.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Look for the ability of the shipper to protect customers’ data: Online transactions involve feeding a lot of information on the shippers’ systems. For example, when making a booking online, you are requested to key in your full name and address. You should hire a shipper that will keep this information safe and their systems should be hack-free and devoid of phishing attacks.
- Look for experienced shippers: The experience of a hauler should be acquired through training, enthusiasm, and hands-on performance. Find a shipping company that is made up of motorcycle owners and aficionados. Apart from the in-house training, they have that bond with the bikes and adequate behind-the-scenes motorcycle-care experience.
- Look for shipping quotes online: In the wake of modern technology, online transactions are fast becoming fashionable. Because of the convenience and promptness that come with it, you don’t have to travel one or two miles to ask for a shipping quote from a shipper. You could do it in the comfort of your bedroom.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Motorcycle owners are often nervous when their prized possessions are getting handled by another person. However, when we handle your bike, you should remain calm from the beginning to the end of the shipment because we have three-decade experience.
Our handlers must receive rigorous training to offer world-class shipping services. You should also know that we offer competitive rates and will offer free advisory services to customers to pick a suitable shipping option from our big list.
Our Franklin motorcycle shipping services
- Motor carrier insurance policy.
- Domestic motorcycle hauling.
- Doorstep motorcycle delivery.
- Overseas shipping
- Loading and offloading services
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.