How To Ship Your Ford Cougar.
The Ford Cougar was produced from 1998 to 2002. It came as a 2-door sport compact coupe car. It was also known as the Mercury Cougar. It came with either a 2.0L 16-valve Zetec or 2.5L 24-valve Duratec V6 engines, using a front-wheel drive system, and 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2.0L engine is rated 130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) at 5600 rpm and 178Nm of torque at 4000 rpm, while the 2.5L engine produced 170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp) at 6250 rpm and 220Nm of torque at 4250 rpm.
When picking a company to ship your Ford Cougar, here are some things to consider:
- Is the company reliable?
- Are their services affordable?
- Are they customer-oriented?
- Does the company have a strong financial base?
- Is the company licensed?
- Does the company have an insurance cover?
- How is their communication with clients?
- Can they handle the documentation process for shipping the item?
What You Shoud Know About Car Shipping.
To understand the car shipping process, here are some key terms.
- Auto transport company: These are companies that specialize in shipping vehicles, as opposed to other shipping companies that handle general items.
- Open carrier: Open carriers are used to move many cars at the same time, and as the name suggests, they do not have any coverage. Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dusts, or any other hazards. It is ideal for regular/less classy cars.
- Enclosed carrier: As opposed to open carriers, enclosed carriers offer protection to the car from weather factors and other hazards. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars, so as to guarantee more protection. However, it is more expensive than the open carrier.
- Terminals: A terminal is a place (facility) within an area, where cars to be shipped can be dropped off to be picked up by a carrier, and cars delivered can also be dropped by the carrier to be picked by their owners.
- Door to door: While some companies use only terminals, there are those who are able to pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners.
- Rates: A rate is how much it will cost to ship from one point to another.
- Quote: A quote is an estimation of the cost of shipping an item from its origin to its destination. Usually, you are expected to supply some information about the vehicle to allow a given company compute and issue a quote based on the information provided.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage are that wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it.
We are a premium auto transport company adequately equipped to successfully handle the delivery of your Cougar however you want it. And if you are wondering how much it costs, you can get a quote by filling the correct information, and you will receive prompt response from our staff.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.