How To Ship Your Ford Comete.
The Ford Comete is a 4-seater sports car produced from 1951 to 1954. It was available in 2-door coupe and 2-door cabriolet body styles. From 1951 to 1952, the car used a 2.2L Aquillon V8 that produced 68 hp, with 81 mph top speed.
Power raise came in 1953 with a 2.4L Aquillon V8 producing 80 hp, with 90 mph top speed, and in 1954 with a 3.9L Mistral V8 engine producing 105 hp. Three-speed manual transmission was standard for the car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
To ship your Ford Comete, you may need to understand some terms commonly used in auto transport.
- Auto transport: This has to do with movement of cars from one place to another, and is better handled by auto shipping companies.
- Auto transport company: These are companies that specialize in shipping vehicles, as opposed to other shipping companies that handle general items.
- Open carrier: Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dusts, or any other hazards. It is ideal for regular/less classy cars.
- Enclosed carrier: As opposed to open carriers, enclosed carriers offer protection to the car from weather factors and other hazards. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars, so as to guarantee more protection. However, it is more expensive than the open carrier.
- Door to door: While some companies use only terminals, there are those who are able to pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners.
- Quote: A quote is an estimation of the cost of shipping your car from its origin to its destination. Usually, you are expected to supply some information about the vehicle to allow a given company compute and issue a quote based on the information provided.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage is wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it.
- Shipment Protection: You can have your car insured during its shipping. This is ideal for luxury cars and very expensive ones, so you do not have to worry about possible damages on transit.
- License: Shipping companies are supposed to be licensed to operate in the business. This shows they are legally allowed to do the business, and the FMCSA and USDOT are responsible for such licensing.
We are a reliable auto transport company, registered, licensed and certified, with the necessary resources, both human and material, to ensure a safe and on-time delivery of your car. And if you are wondering how much it costs, you can get a quote by filling the correct information. You will receive a prompt response from our staff, and that is one way to confirm that our services are cheap and we offer competitive prices.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory